Windows 10: Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Discus and support Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder. I get the error message Windows cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Darryl_ACE, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder.

I get the error message

Windows cannot access \\NAComp1-PC

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a network problem.

0x80070035

The network path was not found.

On the Win 10 computer, I can type in \\NAComp1 (the name of the Win 7 computer) and it doesn't appear. I can ping the IP address.

On the Win 10 computer, I cannot access via \\10.1.10.200 either. (same error message as above)

Services - changed both of these to auto and started manually

* Function Discovery Provider Host

* Function Discovery Resource Publication

I can see a test share from the Win 7 computer to the Win 10 computer.

Suggestions are so welcomed.

Darryl

:)

Darryl_ACE, Jan 10, 2019

2. Win 10 not accessing shares on the network

I have a problem that Win 10 Is not accessing any share on the network. Shared folders, File server drives are also not accessible. just error 0x80070035. I have tried almost every thing on the internet but unable to solve the problem.....please any suggestions
    are highly appreciated.

I have win 7 system and I can access all the shares from win 7 even I can access win 10 share on win 7. But win 7 share is not accessible on win 10, actually no share is accessible on win 10. I have started the services DHCP client, FDPHost, FDResPub, SSDP
    Discovery,UpNp host, TCP/IP NetBIOS, computer browser etc and many more.

AdnanJahangir1, Jan 10, 2019
  3. MenyEi Win User
    Win 7 PC can't see shared folder of Win 10 PC

I have small home network. The Home Group sharing capabilities are working both ways.

For some reason the Win 10 PC do not appear in the network list in my Win 7 PC, while the Win 7 PC do appear in the Win 10 network list (and can access it's shared folders).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Meny

MenyEi, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

1. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access - Similar Threads - Sharing Share access

2. sharing between win 10 and 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing between win 10 and 7: hello, i wanna ask how can i access my win 7 shared folder form my win 10, i heard microsoft has removed homegroup from win 10 with no warning, also i cant access my shared printers as well, my win 10 version is Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 Installed...
  3. Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7

Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7: I have Windows Media Center set up on Win 7 on one machine. When I got to Network on the 10 machine, the 7 machine is listed, as well as all the drives on it. When I try to open any folder is says I don't have permission to access it. Everything I can find is set to share...
  4. Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup"

Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup": Hello, have two machines, running Win 10 Home, both I think are called 32 bit. One machine I use for myself, writing, personally created music, financial etc, the other is used by us both for e-mails, and other information. I had a kind of partial sharing between machines...
  5. Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer: I have two desktop computers on a wired home network -- one running Win 10 (update 1903) and the other running Win 7. I have been able to share files between the two computers until about a week ago when the Win 10 computer started getting getting the message "Windows cannot...
  6. File sharing with Win 10

File sharing with Win 10: Just installed a new laptop on my network. The computers can't all see each other or share folders/ files/ drives. From Explorer, I have right-clicked on the C: drive, and given access to Everyone with Read/Write permission. What is wrong? There are 3 computers on the...
  7. Win 10 not accessing shares on the network

Win 10 not accessing shares on the network: I have a problem that Win 10 Is not accessing any share on the network. Shared folders, File server drives are also not accessible. just error 0x80070035. I have tried almost every thing on the internet but unable to solve the problem.....please any suggestions are highly...
  8. Cannot access Win 10 shared drive from Win 7 PC - SOLVED.

Cannot access Win 10 shared drive from Win 7 PC - SOLVED.: I have been fighting with this problem for about a week, but finally fixed it and for what it is worth would like to share (no pun intended) with other members. I have one Win 10 Laptop, one Win 7 Laptop and a Win 7 Desktop. My main machine is the Win 10 laptop which has...
  9. Homegroup sharing Win.7, to Win. 10

Homegroup sharing Win.7, to Win. 10: Hello all, I am trying to share my files, mainly documents and pictures between my (3) laptops. On my 2 laptops running Windows 7 this is not a problem, but I am unable to share between Win. 7 and Win. 10. I can startup the homegroup, it will recognize the other device on...
  10. Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing

Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing: I have one Windows 7 computer on my network that shares a license to the other windows 10 computers. I have been over everything ensuring that share options on both ends are correct. Most of the time all the computers can connect and use the license after the Win 10 PC gets...