Windows 10: Sharing win7 pc with win10 why won't one recognize the other?

Discus and support Sharing win7 pc with win10 why won't one recognize the other? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sharing win7 pc with win10 why won't one recognize the other?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by terrylsmith9753, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Sharing win7 pc with win10 why won't one recognize the other?

Sharing win7 pc with win10 why won't one recognize the other?

:)

terrylsmith9753, Nov 12, 2019
  2. dahas Win User

WIN10 HOMEGROUP not accessible by WIN7 PCs

Hello,

I cannot connect my WIN 7(home) PCs (3 of them) to a homegoup created on a new Windows 10 (home) computer.

The WIN 7 PC see each other without any issue.

Here’s how I proceeded:

• Leave all homegroups on the WIN7 PCs
    • Create a new homegroup on the WIN10 pc with the same group
    • The WIN7 PCs see the new homegroup
    • Click on join and enter password
    • After some time I get a message that connection was not possible

I’ve also tried to create the homegroup on a WIN7 pc. The WIN10 pc can see and accept to join but the shares are not visible.

Running WIN 10 1709 HOME

dahas, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Scoobydu Win User
    homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Sharing win7 pc with win10 why won't one recognize the other?

windows 10 home x64 won´t recognize my second xeon

I have a dual xeon computer (xeon e5620). I upgraded this week to Windows 10 home and now my pc won´t recognize my second processor. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Vitor RF Rodrigues, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Sharing win7 pc with win10 why won't one recognize the other?

1. Sharing win7 pc with win10 why won't one recognize the other? - Similar Threads - Sharing win7 win10

2. One PC in the same workgroup can't connect to a share on the other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One PC in the same workgroup can't connect to a share on the other.: 1 PC one is connecting wirelessly to a TP-Link access point.2 The TP-Link is wired to an ethernet switch3 PC two is wired to the same ethernet switch4 PC one is running Windows 11 Pro5 PC two is running Windows 10 Pro6 PC one has an IP Address like 192.160.1.107 PC two has an...
  3. Single Win10 machine unable to map to a Win7 Shared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Single Win10 machine unable to map to a Win7 Shared: 2 Win10 both on build 19042. 1 has no issues with mapping to a shared folder on a shared folder on a Win7 machine\\10.1.1.100\Shared, while the other is getting "file and print sharing resource 10.1.1.100 is online but isn't responding to connection attempts." And details...
  4. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  5. Win10 won't recognize Xbox One controller through Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 won't recognize Xbox One controller through Bluetooth: Title. Wired works completely fine. Steam recognizes the controller and everything's good. Things start to change whenever i unplug the wire and try to use it through Bluetooth A few days ago whenever I'd play wireless it would work seamlessly. No issues whatsoever. However...
  6. Win7 to Win10 won't activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win7 to Win10 won't activate.: Hi all, I got a problem i still have about 60 notebooks left with Win7 enterprise. What i did was got the files from SCCM that we normally deploy/install our notebooks with. I started the setup and it came with a upgrade procedure, following all the steps it started...
  7. Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles

Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles: I have a desktop PC running Windows10 and an older laptop that is running Windows7. This is a home computer setup with full admin rights on both machines. I am trying to share folders between the machines over the home network. Both machines can see the other, but when I...
  8. How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10?

How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10?: Hello, i have 3 PC on my home network. 1 week ago i upgraded one of them from Win10 Pro (old version) to Win10 Pro (1803). PC1 - Win7 Pro PC2 - Win10 Pro (old) PC3 - Win10 Pro 1803 Before i did upgrade, these 3 PCs were connected with Home Group and sharing was working....
  9. Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7: Hi, I recently changed my work computer from a Win7 to a Win10 computer. All our network shares are kept on one old Win2K3 server (I know old, but I'm not in charge of upgrading that). From my Win10 computer I cannot access two network shares out of several needed. The...
  10. Not ready for Win10, but Win10 nag screen won't allow Win7 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not ready for Win10, but Win10 nag screen won't allow Win7 updates: I'm still playing with Win10 on a tablet and not ready to install it on my main computer. Meanwhile, there are 32 Windows 7 updates pending. I've selected all 32 in Windows Update, then clicked the OK button, but that just takes me to a screen for installing Win10. I'm not...