Windows 10: sharing windows 10 vs 1909

Discus and support sharing windows 10 vs 1909 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried everything in windows 10 vs1909 about sharing nothing works even i set in services.msc but nothing john ebejer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JOHNEBEJER, Mar 19, 2020.

1. sharing windows 10 vs 1909

I have tried everything in windows 10 vs1909 about sharing nothing works even i set in services.msc but nothing

john ebejer

:)

JOHNEBEJER, Mar 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 19, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

sharing windows 10 vs 1909

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

sharing windows 10 vs 1909

1. sharing windows 10 vs 1909 - Similar Threads - sharing 1909

2. Win10 1909 KB5006667 breaks local user access to shared printers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1909 KB5006667 breaks local user access to shared printers: We have quite a few systems on our campus running Windows 10 1909 that sign on to the system with a local account to the system.Once they sign in they then use the add printer option to map to a printer on our Windows printer server in order to print to a network printer.The...
  3. Win 10 [1909] Allows copy of jpg but not pdf to Network Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 [1909] Allows copy of jpg but not pdf to Network Share: In my workplace we have specific folders for service reports which have to be linked with a certain database, with individual storage folders for different sites. The people in charge of the database and these folders have set up Special Permissions so users on each site...
  4. Trouble reconnecting to shares after upgrading from 1909 to 20H2

Trouble reconnecting to shares after upgrading from 1909 to 20H2: I have a W10 Pro desktop that I just upgraded from 1909 to 20H2 and now I can't connect to my shares from my Lenovo or Dell laptops. The Lenovo already has 20H2. The Dell had 1909 which I just upgraded to 20H2. The desktop with the shares has the netplwiz option "Users must...
  5. sharing problem with windows 10 ver 1909 [build 18363.1256] updated

sharing problem with windows 10 ver 1909 [build 18363.1256] updated: I am having a peculiar problem on my wife's computer. I am trying to set up sharing with our home network. I set up user/name/documents to be shared using advanced sharing and set to everybody read/write. This share works as expected - I can access files on her computer and...
  6. sharing problem with windows 10 ver 1909 [build 18363.1256] updated

in Windows 10 Support
    sharing problem with windows 10 ver 1909 [build 18363.1256] updated: I am having a peculiar problem on my wife's computer. I am trying to set up sharing with our home network. I set up user/name/documents to be shared using advanced sharing and set to everybody read/write. This share works as expected - I can access files on her computer and...
  7. Windows 10 1909 printer sharing

Windows 10 1909 printer sharing: Hi, I have a few W10 Pro ver 1903 - 2004 PC. I have a 1909 PC shared a LQ-310 printer. But the rest of the W10 pc are unable to connect to it over the network. See images below. Host PC has Kaspersky Security 20.0.14 installed. I thought it might be the firewall, so i...
  8. Win 10 1909 keeps turning file and printer sharing off

Win 10 1909 keeps turning file and printer sharing off: I recently reset my surface pro and after reinstallation I now cannot access a home network NAS drive without turning on SMB1. I have found many cases regarding the same thing but all the hints and tips reference homegroup which does not exist in 1909 build. I have other...
  9. Adding and removing apps in windows 10 ver. 1909, Photos, Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding and removing apps in windows 10 ver. 1909, Photos, Share: I am a long time windows user and am currently using Windows 10, ver. 1909. I endeavor to add or subtract apps from the Windows Photos, share module (see attached screen shot image). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. [img] 156950
  10. Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909: I cannot turn on network sharing. The setting does not save when i tune it on, it disables on its own. I have done troubleshooting listed from this forum page. someone please advice...