Windows 10: Sharing your OneDrive for Business files through email

Discus and support Sharing your OneDrive for Business files through email in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For our business users we’ve added two very simple new ways to share files with Outlook Web App (OWA) and OneDrive for Business. It makes it really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sharing your OneDrive for Business files through email

Source...

:)

Brink, Oct 13, 2014

2. Problem Using Windows Phone 8.1 and Exchange online Account with onedrive for business

I think that is indeed something you have to work through.

To set up your phone you do need a personal Microsoft account. Unfortunately the auto sync of pictures will go to that onedrive account.

However you still can add you other email in the accounts section to just use that email. Once you want to share something from your phone by email you can then pick the right email account. (sharing from a specific Onedrive account within the Onedrive app
    will always use that email attached to that account since what you share is link from your onedrive account)

The Onedrive app for Windows Phone also allows to add a Onedrive for Business account. So you can mange both Onedrive's within one app.

I have Office 365 on my main account but have a work Office 365 with OneDrive for Business. I have the same issue that pictures will always go to my main MS account. However through simple copy and paste on my PC I can back up these picture to my OneDrive
    for business folder.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but this is the way it works now.

Johan van Mierlo, Oct 13, 2014
  3. Problem Using Windows Phone 8.1 and Exchange online Account with onedrive for business

I'll give the same answer as in the same question you posted:

I think that is indeed something you have to work through.

To set up your phone you do need a personal Microsoft account. Unfortunately the auto sync of pictures will go to that onedrive account.

However you still can add you other email in the accounts section to just use that email. Once you want to share something from your phone by email you can then pick the right email account. (sharing from a specific Onedrive account within the Onedrive app
    will always use that email attached to that account since what you share is link from your onedrive account)

The Onedrive app for Windows Phone also allows to add a Onedrive for Business account. So you can mange both Onedrive's within one app.

I have Office 365 on my main account but have a work Office 365 with OneDrive for Business. I have the same issue that pictures will always go to my main MS account. However through simple copy and paste on my PC I can back up these picture to my OneDrive
    for business folder.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but this is the way it works now.

Johan van Mierlo, Oct 13, 2014
Thema:

Sharing your OneDrive for Business files through email

1. Sharing your OneDrive for Business files through email - Similar Threads - Sharing OneDrive Business

2. Onedrive file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive file sharing: Good Morning,Is anyone experiencing issues when a file is shared in Teams from Onedrive and unable to see who the file has been shared with and change access.I have Users that can no longer see these options in Onedrive but can for files shared more than 3 weeks ago.Please...
  3. File sharing through network

File sharing through network: For years I have been able to access my desktop from my laptop and vice versa. Now it only partially happens. I know that there have been Windows updates/changes, etc., but I can't see how that affects my situation. So far as I know I have taken all steps to share files....
  4. OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files: I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person. I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices. I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files...
  5. File Sharing Through the Network

File Sharing Through the Network: I've got two computers on my network. One of them has files that the other needs to access. The computer that hosts the files is a Windows 10 machine. The other one recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. Ever since that upgrade the computer that is trying to access the...
  6. Sharing onedrive files

Sharing onedrive files: Why cant I share a link to my OneDrive files and folders? The menu item is missing from my OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-onedrive-files/e8ab449c-efb1-442b-8c17-6ba03f6d3e04"
  7. OneDrive Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Business: Files on my PC wont open or attach any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business/34e0ec66-8452-4950-99e2-97505e53c4e8
  8. Onedrive for Business Shared Folders

Onedrive for Business Shared Folders: We currently use Dropbox to share team folders in real time and I would like to replace it with Onedrive but I don´t see a way to download shared folders to each team members´computer. Is there a way to do this in Onedrive for business? I am considering using Sharepoint...
  9. OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive for Business - Sharing Links will open in Modern Previewers: Earlier this year, we announced support for over 250 file types in OneDrive and SharePoint (with our recent additions Zip viewer, we're now up to over 270 types)! Our customers have been using these viewers millions of times a day, and they’ve asked us to help with a common...
  10. Update Sharing Emails from SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Update Sharing Emails from SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business: We’re updating how sharing mails are sent from SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. We made a change earlier this year to send sharing mails from the sharing user's Exchange Online mailbox. At that time, we also stopped CC'ing the sender as the mails will now...