Windows 10: Sharing

Discus and support Sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Updated Windows10 on Dell PC with update 1809. Now cannot share file/folders over private network. May have been unable before, but this is the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeff60044, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Jeff60044 Win User

Sharing

Updated Windows10 on Dell PC with update 1809. Now cannot share file/folders over private network. May have been unable before, but this is the first I noticed. Tried all the solutions about turning on services but didn't work.

:)

Jeff60044, Oct 3, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 5, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Sharing

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Sharing

1. Sharing - Similar Threads - Sharing

2. net share cdrive=c:\ gives Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    net share cdrive=c:\ gives Access is denied: I have a brand new PC with Windows 11 preinstalled. All Windows updates are current as of today.When I open a command prompt and type this I get:C:\net share cdrive=c:\I get "System error 5 has occurred.""Access is denied."Why am I getting that error and what can I do to gain...
  3. net share cdrive=c:\ gives Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    net share cdrive=c:\ gives Access is denied: I have a brand new PC with Windows 11 preinstalled. All Windows updates are current as of today.When I open a command prompt and type this I get:C:\net share cdrive=c:\I get "System error 5 has occurred.""Access is denied."Why am I getting that error and what can I do to gain...
  4. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  5. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  6. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  7. Hi - another network sharing issue.

Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  8. Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?: 1 why when I R-click Share on a file on A OneDrive store do I get a different Share menu pop-up than when I R-click Share on a file on a non- OneDrive store? What if I want to share a OneDrive File as an attachment not a shareable link?The non- OneDrive case:vs the OneDrive...
  9. Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?

Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?: 1 why when I R-click Share on a file on A OneDrive store do I get a different Share menu pop-up than when I R-click Share on a file on a non- OneDrive store? What if I want to share a OneDrive File as an attachment not a shareable link?The non- OneDrive case:vs the OneDrive...
  10. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...