Windows 10: Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 with Windows 10

Discus and support Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 with Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, This is related to a very informative thread started a couple of years ago - link:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by B. Martin, Jan 1, 2020.

1. B. Martin Win User

Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 with Windows 10

Hi all,

This is related to a very informative thread started a couple of years ago - link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/ec-ws115-sharp-weather-station-with-windows-10/acf24d0b-88fc-45af-9dc5-ee05484bd18b

I am having a problem finding the .exe file required to install the software. I have this item EC-WS115 Sharper Image Weather Station new in the box with the install CD, but that only appears to attempt to point to a server that no longer exists. I need the actual file, which apparently is named NIS01_INSTALL_2380.exe.

Links to dropboxes in the original thread no longer work. Does anyone still have this file available? Sharper Image has been no help and I can't find a trustworthy-looking source online. I know this item is fairly old technology, but it seems like a good unit and I'd like to find a way to keep it working vs. adding it to the landfill.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

:)

B. Martin, Jan 1, 2020
  2. EricRuth Win User
    EricRuth, Jan 1, 2020
  3. EricRuth Win User
    EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station with Windows 10

The representative from "Sharper image" returned my call and explained that the unit was no longer being supported. After some back and forth, I discovered that I was talking with "Sharper Image Online" which is a completely independent company from "Sharper
    Image". The rep gave me a number for "Sharper Image"

*****************Sharper Image Online Message***********************

Thank you for contacting Sharper Image. Unfortunately, the product that you are inquiring about is manufactured by the Sharper Image Retail Division . For further assistance, regarding replacements or parts please visit www.mscustomercare.com or call 800-374-2744.

*****************End Sharper Image Online Message********************

I hope to give a call to Sharper Image Retail Division later this week. My message will be something like this.

I own the ws115 weather station sold under the Sharper Image name, and this weather station has stopped functioning because the weather service which provides data to the device is no longer available. This unit is still available through national resellers
    including the largest online reseller in the world, Amazon.com. It is unacceptable that the company that manufactured and sold this device simply decided that they were tired of supporting it, so they decided that all working units will be rendered useless,
    because we just don't feel like supporting the device any longer.

EricRuth, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 with Windows 10

EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station with Windows 10

Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 with Windows 10 [​IMG]
    The WHOIS data for
    http://netinfostation.com points to both Ansen in Hong Kong and
    tierra.net involvement and emailed them today as well as the ceo and a lower functionary at Ansen, each twice.

I do not trust the glib response from Sharper Image that an unnamed company went out of business. Ansen was the manufacturer and is still in business. This is a server problem that has temporarily disabled a perfectly functioning device. The currently sold
    $79 Sharper Image "Color Weather Station" has limited predictive ability. It touts, "Simply hang the included wireless sensor outdoors up to 99 feet away — it measures and displays the temperature, humidity and air pressure to give you an accurate forecast.
    No radio, computer or Wi-Fi needed!" It uses barometric pressure changes to predict within 24 hours and nothing more.

My thinking about the EC-WS115 is that a gas station down the road may be temporarily closed but that doesn't mean it's time to junk your car.

MitchGreenberg101, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 with Windows 10

1. Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sharper Image Weather

2. EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit: I bought a brand new unit still in the wrapper, but there's no CD. There aren't any download links that work either. Does anyone have a copy of the CD I can use to set up my new paperweight? I have already done the updates to use a different API but I need the original...
  3. EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit: I bought a brand new unit still in the wrapper, but there's no CD. There aren't any download links that work either. Does anyone have a copy of the CD I can use to set up my new paperweight? I have already done the updates to use a different API but I need the original...
  4. Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating: I know this is a shot in the dark but it's worth a shot . This is going out to Casper 3725 or anyone else who was tremendous in getting the software in line back in 2020. Casper - Our trusty weather station stopped updating October 13th, 2022. Working perfectly up to that...
  5. Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating

Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating: I know this is a shot in the dark but it's worth a shot . This is going out to Casper 3725 or anyone else who was tremendous in getting the software in line back in 2020. Casper - Our trusty weather station stopped updating October 13th, 2022. Working perfectly up to that...
  6. Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating ***Again*** 10/19/22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating ***Again*** 10/19/22: It looks like the WAMPSERVER fix is throwing PHP errors on line 99, 120 and 55 for the getweather.php file. I am thinking this might be due to a change in the data string from Weatherbit ???...
  8. Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating ***Again*** 10/19/22

Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating ***Again*** 10/19/22: It looks like the WAMPSERVER fix is throwing PHP errors on line 99, 120 and 55 for the getweather.php file. I am thinking this might be due to a change in the data string from Weatherbit ???...
  9. Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating ***Again*** 10/19/22

10. Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating

Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating: Thanks to this community, I have found the software for the Sharper Image EC-WS115, and I've learned how to deal with its USB issues under Windows 10. But, it stopped updating the forecast on November 30th, 2020. The 5-day forecast software gives me an error saying "Cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sharper image weather station software

2. windows10 drivers for the sharper image weather station ws115

3. Sharper Image weather station software for windows Ec WS115