Windows 10: Sheduled Tasks in Task Scheduler running 1 hour early Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Sheduled Tasks in Task Scheduler running 1 hour early Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a couple custom tasks I created and set up on my PCs to reset my Network Adapter each morning at around 4AM. I noticed that the tasks weren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sewing1243, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Sheduled Tasks in Task Scheduler running 1 hour early Windows 10 Home

I have a couple custom tasks I created and set up on my PCs to reset my Network Adapter each morning at around 4AM. I noticed that the tasks weren't appearing to run correctly (running one hour early). This appears to probably be something to do with Daylight Savings time, but from what I've read after an internet search tasks should run on local time and my PCs all show the correct time and date.

Other than set a time 1 hour later than when I want the tasks to run what can I do the fix this (or is it a new Microsoft created glitch)?

Running Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.535)

:)

sewing1243, Dec 25, 2019

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Teemosan Win User
    Scheduled task is not showing up in Task Scheduler and not running as scheduled - Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 v. 1607 (OS Build 14393.351) on a desktop computer

I created a task in Task Scheduler, and it allowed me to create the task, which was to run a program. . I set it to run 'At startup' delayed 1 minute. I set it to 'Run with highest privileges' Configured for Windows 10. I set it to allow running on demand.
    When I rebooted my computer the program didn't start.

When I went back to Task Scheduler and looked in the Task Scheduler Library the entry wasn't there. I refreshed the list and it still didn't show. I moved back up to the main Task Scheduler directory and the summary of current tasks (79 items). The task
    didn't show up there either. I refreshed both lists and it still didn't show.

I thought maybe it hadn't been created so I tried to create it again. When I got to the end of creating it I got the error message:

"An error has occurred for task Launch 'Program Name'. Error message: A task or folder with this name already exists"

So it says it exists, but as mentioned it doesn't run at startup, and doesn't show on the list. I can still run the program on demand no problem.

I tried creating it again, both as a full Task and a Basic Task. Each time I get the error message:

"An error has occurred for task Launch 'Program Name'. Error message: A task or folder with this name already exists"

How can I find where the program task is in Task Scheduler and why isn't it showing up?

Teemosan, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Sheduled Tasks in Task Scheduler running 1 hour early Windows 10 Home

Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Sheduled Tasks in Task Scheduler running 1 hour early Windows 10 Home

1. Sheduled Tasks in Task Scheduler running 1 hour early Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Sheduled Tasks Task

2. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  3. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  4. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Scheduled task not running

Scheduled task not running: I use the "portable apps" platform to hold a lot of small programs I dont want installed - but even from my C: ssd its very slow to load. So I have set up a scheduled task to run it as soon as the pc becomes idle. [ATTACH] However it does not run. Even when I right-click...
  6. Hourly Chime with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Hourly Chime with Task Scheduler: I have been trying to setup an hourly chime sound to stop my Logitech Z906 sound system from switching off when no activity on my computer. I copied this program that someone had used but cannot get it working on Task Scheduler.. Option Explicit Dim sound : sound =...
  7. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  8. windows 10 : task sheduler

windows 10 : task sheduler: task scheduler cannot find the remote computer. please help me fix this. Nvidia failed because of task scheduler services aren't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-sheduler/ad385cfa-47f9-46a0-bb11-aab0c94f885b
  9. Scheduled Tasks that run every hour

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Tasks that run every hour: I notice that there are several tasks that are scheduled to run every day every hour. Most notably HP, Epson, & GoogleUpdateTaskMachine. This seems a little excessive & I wonder if anyone feels this should be changed to once a week or something similar, without causing any...
  10. Windows Task Scheduler not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Task Scheduler not running: Hello, i am trying to install Nvidia Geforce experience but it says Windows Task Scheduler not running, so i cant install it. i even went to services.msc and tried to start but i get error message that it "started and stopped suddenly."Some services may stop if they are...