Shell Folder Fix?

Discus and support Shell Folder Fix? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am HIGHLY disappointed because the author of that fantastic program has disappeared off, at least MY, radar. It somewhat worked with Win 8 then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Richard Shank, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Richard Shank Win User

Shell Folder Fix?

I am HIGHLY disappointed because the author of that fantastic program has disappeared off, at least MY, radar.

It somewhat worked with Win 8 then almost by design Microsoft killed it in Win 8.1.

Actually I can't prove that but it does work somewhat.

Does anyone have a clue, does anyone know him.....Can it be updated for Windows 10?

I am so disappointed with Win 10 because I really thought from the complaints and articles I have read that Aero Glass was returning and I would have hoped the MRU Bags bug would have been fixed and the folders sizes and positions would have been returned as well.

Nope, up to hackers and 3rd parties.

Aero Glass has returned but of course a unspecified Donation to the author is required and it is stated that you will never get anything but a debug version. Looks great though.

Back to my rant.
    Someone please contact this guy. His name is Georg Fischer and he's out there somewhere.
    If anything release the source so it can be updated by someone smarter than me.

I go back and forth between win 8.1 and 7 with 7 being my favorite.
    I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to upgrade from 7 and I'm fine playing with 8.1.
    They give no reason to throw away the pimp out aspects of 7 and I would rather not be DRM'ed and locked down with 10 unless I can get it the way I want it and not some engineer hired out of India wants it.

:)

Richard Shank, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan Win User
    Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan Win User
    Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Shell Folder Fix?

1. Shell Folder Fix? - Similar Threads - Shell Folder Fix

2. Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10): I recently replaced my dead m.2 ssd with a Samsung 860 evo 1tb and since then I have gotten the error code 0x80080005 when trying to update/download anything from windows. Even after multiple ssd formats and clean installs the error code persists which is pretty strange. I...
  3. How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"?: Hi, I am not a graphics expert or have nothing to do with 3D modelling and hence have no use for the folder name "3D objects". I would rather rename it to something useful like "Work" please can you assist me in this? I followed these steps:...
  4. Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files: Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager, It pops up after a certain interval of time and switches off my wifi, when I right clicked and tried to locate it, it shows a folder with a weird name inside the Program Files. Scanned the laptop with Rogue Killer, Defender and MBAM,...
  5. How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] In this post, we will see what is the bootres.dll file in the Windows 10 OS and where is it located. We will also see how to fix or replace a corrupted bootres.dll file that may prevent you from booting [...] This post How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in...
  6. Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder?: I've just started using Onedrive and I have a question. I still have photos in the computer's Pictures Album as well as in the Onedrive Pictures album. That seems to be taking up a lot of hard drive space. Can I delete the photos in the computer library's picture album?...
  7. Saving pictures to a picture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving pictures to a picture folder: I went into my pc and opened up the pictures folder. I created a new folder within the folder. I drag and dropped a picture into the folder. I tried to drag and drop a second picture into the folder and it said I couldn't because there was already a file of the same name....
  8. connect to folders on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect to folders on home network: I used to be able to view the shared folders on my home network yet now cannot. I do not know what has changed. The folders are shareable, the necessary services are running & automatic, and now I am at a loss. I am using a Surface to connect to my shared folders. I am on...
  9. unable to install iTunes temp folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to install iTunes temp folder: Unable to create a temp folder when trying to download iTunes app on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/unable-to-install-itunes-temp-folder/66b620fa-ca6f-41d6-9f84-0136b6d50726
  10. windows shell experience host terminated (clues about the bug - for Microsoft)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows shell experience host terminated (clues about the bug - for Microsoft): I have real a lot of reports about problems with windows shell experience host. I have a nearly new PC, and verified there is no corruption of the OS (given the state of the tools from Microsoft). I suspect this is a bug in the OS. I have perhaps a clue that may help you...