Windows 10: Shell Folder Fix?

Discus and support Shell Folder Fix? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am HIGHLY disappointed because the author of that fantastic program has disappeared off, at least MY, radar. It somewhat worked with Win 8 then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Richard Shank, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Shell Folder Fix?

I am HIGHLY disappointed because the author of that fantastic program has disappeared off, at least MY, radar.

It somewhat worked with Win 8 then almost by design Microsoft killed it in Win 8.1.

Actually I can't prove that but it does work somewhat.

Does anyone have a clue, does anyone know him.....Can it be updated for Windows 10?

I am so disappointed with Win 10 because I really thought from the complaints and articles I have read that Aero Glass was returning and I would have hoped the MRU Bags bug would have been fixed and the folders sizes and positions would have been returned as well.

Nope, up to hackers and 3rd parties.

Aero Glass has returned but of course a unspecified Donation to the author is required and it is stated that you will never get anything but a debug version. Looks great though.

Back to my rant.
    Someone please contact this guy. His name is Georg Fischer and he's out there somewhere.
    If anything release the source so it can be updated by someone smarter than me.

I go back and forth between win 8.1 and 7 with 7 being my favorite.
    I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to upgrade from 7 and I'm fine playing with 8.1.
    They give no reason to throw away the pimp out aspects of 7 and I would rather not be DRM'ed and locked down with 10 unless I can get it the way I want it and not some engineer hired out of India wants it.

:)

Richard Shank, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Shell Folder Fix?

1. Shell Folder Fix? - Similar Threads - Shell Folder Fix

2. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder: Tried to move some files between drives to free up space on C. Ended up transferring the entire Desktop Shell to D. When I moved it back, it merged Desktop with User and now the User Shell Folders in Registry are a bit of a mess.I moved Desktop back into its own User Shell...
  3. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder: Tried to move some files between drives to free up space on C. Ended up transferring the entire Desktop Shell to D. When I moved it back, it merged Desktop with User and now the User Shell Folders in Registry are a bit of a mess.I moved Desktop back into its own User Shell...
  4. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to create a new Downloads Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a new Downloads Shell Folder: I was trying to relocate my default "Downloads" folder to another directory and accidentally named it and pointed it to my E:\ drive. Now windows won't let me correct it so that the default download location should be E:\Downloads. I get an error that tells me I can't put the...
  6. Delete registry key in user shell folders

Delete registry key in user shell folders: After renaming my User account, my user shell folders all messed up due to OneDrive and I have these two additional folders that are not the default user folders.How can I delete them safely? is it as simple as pressing delete?...
  7. How to remove "Simatic Shell" folder?

How to remove "Simatic Shell" folder?: Hi everyone, I'm using Windows 11 Home and I want to remove "Simatic Shell Folder". I already deleted "Simatic Shell" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace by Registry Editor. But it can't be removed. Please help me!...
  8. User Shell Folders messed up in registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Shell Folders messed up in registry: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hivdb8cde0l51.png?width=1240&format=png&auto=webp&s=c503dc2939d44c6ebaabdd34b852f5de2022673e Originally I moved my user folders to my D: drive, to clear some space on my C: drive. Yesterday I had to reinstall Windos to fiz a problem. I...
  9. Making App Folders in Open-Shell?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making App Folders in Open-Shell?: I was successful in using Open-Shell to arrange all my program links into folders. However, I can't seem to find a way to organize my app links into folders. Ideally, I'd love to have folders that contain both program links and app links (for example, to put all my image...
  10. Customizing items in shell desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing items in shell desktop folder?: Hi, I hope this is the right forum. Is it possible to remove/add items in the shell (virtual) desktop folder? I can't find any information anywhere on how to do this, only the "This PC" folder. This is the folder/items I'm talking about [img] 101509

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Georg Fischer ShellFolderFix