Windows 10: Shell Folder Fix?

Discus and support Shell Folder Fix? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am HIGHLY disappointed because the author of that fantastic program has disappeared off, at least MY, radar. It somewhat worked with Win 8 then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Richard Shank, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Richard Shank Win User

Shell Folder Fix?

I am HIGHLY disappointed because the author of that fantastic program has disappeared off, at least MY, radar.

It somewhat worked with Win 8 then almost by design Microsoft killed it in Win 8.1.

Actually I can't prove that but it does work somewhat.

Does anyone have a clue, does anyone know him.....Can it be updated for Windows 10?

I am so disappointed with Win 10 because I really thought from the complaints and articles I have read that Aero Glass was returning and I would have hoped the MRU Bags bug would have been fixed and the folders sizes and positions would have been returned as well.

Nope, up to hackers and 3rd parties.

Aero Glass has returned but of course a unspecified Donation to the author is required and it is stated that you will never get anything but a debug version. Looks great though.

Back to my rant.
    Someone please contact this guy. His name is Georg Fischer and he's out there somewhere.
    If anything release the source so it can be updated by someone smarter than me.

I go back and forth between win 8.1 and 7 with 7 being my favorite.
    I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to upgrade from 7 and I'm fine playing with 8.1.
    They give no reason to throw away the pimp out aspects of 7 and I would rather not be DRM'ed and locked down with 10 unless I can get it the way I want it and not some engineer hired out of India wants it.

:)

Richard Shank, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan Win User
    Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan Win User
    Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Shell Folder Fix?

1. Shell Folder Fix? - Similar Threads - Shell Folder Fix

2. Classic Shell "All Programs" folder colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell "All Programs" folder colors: I am using Classic Shell Windows 7 style. When I click on "All Programs" a number of folders have a different color background from the default color set for the Start Menu. Can someone please explain why this is so, and if the Start Menu can be configured to default to the...
  3. Classic Shell in 11082

Classic Shell in 11082: Using Classic Shell 4.2.5 and Window 11082 and I can no longer open the native Windows start menu from Classic Shell. When I click on Start Menu (Windows) nothing happens. Anyone else seeing this behavior in 11082? 35658
  4. Fixed folder icons for OneDrive and Podcasts

Fixed folder icons for OneDrive and Podcasts: What my user folders looked like at first: [img] Notice how the OneDrive and Podcasts folders stick out due to the Windows 7/8-style folders icons. So I found an alternative OneDrive icon in the image shell32.dll in C:\Windows, extracted it and used that one...
  5. Create custom shell folders for Windows 10

Create custom shell folders for Windows 10: Hello friends! I've posted this before in EightForums with no luck, so I thought I'd try again here. Is there a known way to create your own custom shell folders or "special folders?" Default shell folders are Documents, Pictures, Downloads, etc. The benefit of a shell...
  6. Customizing items in shell desktop folder?

Customizing items in shell desktop folder?: Hi, I hope this is the right forum. Is it possible to remove/add items in the shell (virtual) desktop folder? I can't find any information anywhere on how to do this, only the "This PC" folder. This is the folder/items I'm talking about [img] 101509
  7. Power shell hackers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Power shell hackers: My computer was taken over by unknowns via powershell , who then set all defenses to run false and seized complete control by replacing all drivers with encrypted ones set to their control and attribs. Formats would not format usbs are locked out. I would not have detected...
  8. classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975
  9. Windows 10 Shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shell: Hi everyone! I'm new to the windows 10 forums; I'm an android guy. I installed windows 10 on my T100 tablet and it has been working ok until this morning. The problem began when I tried to open the start menu and nothing happened, I played around with settings, but...
  10. OneDrive folder permissions - Fix

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder permissions - Fix: Found the problem. *Smile While you are still listed as the owner of each subfolder in the OneDrive folder, some subfolders no longer have inherited permissions enabled. If you Enable inheritance and OK for each affected subfolder in the OneDrive folder, it will no...