Windows 10: Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM

Discus and support Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From one of the lasts updates of W10, The Shell Infrastructure Host is using more and more RAM for each pictures opened, look like each pictures add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kevincombret, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM

From one of the lasts updates of W10, The Shell Infrastructure Host is using more and more RAM for each pictures opened, look like each pictures add ~40 to ~60 Mo in the memory tab in the task manager, and the thing is that it's keeping it utile i restart my pc. idk if it's usefull but i'm using the app "Photos" in french, it's the base app of W10, and from one of the lasts updates of W10, this app changed slighty too.if you have an idea how to make it not adding or keeping everything it in the ram it will help me, because if it's stay like that i can't anymore look more than 100 pictures be

:)

kevincombret, Aug 22, 2021
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows defender blocking Shell Infrastructure host

Hi Glenn Taylor (glenn),

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Shell Infrastructure Host is a core Windows component. Sihost.exe runs the Shell Infrastructure Host. This is critical Windows component and should not be removed. The Windows Shell Infrastructure Host is tasked with handling several
    graphical elements of the Operating System interface including taskbar transparency and Start menu.
    It’s safe to allow.

I suggest you to follow this article to
    Allow a blocked app in Windows Security
    , and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Judie101 Win User
    Shell infrastructure host has stopped working

I have tried all the methods suggested but still it does not work. Every time I start up my laptop. The screen is just black for about 15 minutes then the dialogue box will appear and says " The shell infrastructure host has stopped working." This happen
    since I upgrade my windows from 7 to 10. What will I do to make my computer open fast and to get rid of that shell infrastructure host thing?

Judie101, Aug 22, 2021
  4. Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM

shell infrastructure

Hi,

The error "Shell Infrastructure Host has stopped working." is usually occurring to Windows devices because of some damaged system files. To further troubleshoot your concern, we suggest following these steps:

• When "Shell Infrastructure Host has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." message appeared, press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys on your keyboard.
    • Choose Switch user.
    • Choose the administrator account and then sign into your computer.
    • Perform an In-place upgrade. Use this article published
      by PaulSey for the instructions.
    • Don't forget to choose the option to keep personal files and apps.

In-place upgrade will repair all of the damaged system files on your computer. And by choosing the option Keep personal files and apps, you'll be able to retain all of the saved files, installed applications and Windows settings on your device.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM

1. Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM - Similar Threads - Shell Infrastructure Host

2. High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe: Hey everyone,So I did a clean install of Windows 11 winver below and ShellHost.exe has been utilizing 600MB of RAM constantly.I've explored several help threads regarding the Shell Infrastructure Host's high CPU usage but haven't found solutions for its elevated RAM usage. I...
  3. High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe: Hey everyone,So I did a clean install of Windows 11 winver below and ShellHost.exe has been utilizing 600MB of RAM constantly.I've explored several help threads regarding the Shell Infrastructure Host's high CPU usage but haven't found solutions for its elevated RAM usage. I...
  4. Shell Infrastructure Host

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shell Infrastructure Host: Hello Microsoft. I have been having a problem lately with the Shell Infrastructure Host file, which takes up a lot of CPU while the computer is resting and does no action, why is that so ..? And why is this problem not addressed ..? I see a lot of people have written to you...
  5. Shell Infrastructure Host

Shell Infrastructure Host: Hello Microsoft. I have been having a problem lately with the Shell Infrastructure Host file, which takes up a lot of CPU while the computer is resting and does no action, why is that so ..? And why is this problem not addressed ..? I see a lot of people have written to you...
  6. Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10

Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10: For over a day now, the Shell Infrastructure Host service is using around 50% of my CPU - causing the fan on my laptop to run constantly. I am running Windows 10 Professional on a Thinkpad T460P with an Intel i5-6440 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a Samsung 1 TB SSD. I have confirmed...
  7. Shell Infrastructure Host Crashing PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shell Infrastructure Host Crashing PC: Good day, everyone. I have been running into a lot of problems with PC performance and applications crashing lately, and what I've noticed is that there is constant high RAM and CPU usage by these two applications: [ATTACH] These often cause a lot of issues and...
  8. Service host taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host taking too much ram: How do I fix this as I barely have 3-4 GB ram left out of 8GB [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-taking-too-much-ram/aa6f3e12-641d-4daf-9bc3-43d47487d72a
  9. RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Support
    RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage: Some time ago I noticed that if I start opening images using the default Photos application of Windows 10 from a folder that contains a lot of them (I then created on another notebook a folder with 32000 of random PNG an JPG images of around 1000*1000 resolution to test it),...
  10. RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Support
    RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage: Some time ago I noticed that if I start opening images using the default Photos application of Windows 10 from a folder that contains a lot of them (I then created on another notebook a folder with 32000 of random PNG an JPG images of around 1000*1000 resolution to test it),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. shell infrastructure photo

3. shell infrastructure arbeitsspeicher