Windows 10: Shell Input Application

Discus and support Shell Input Application in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I've gone through the Q&A of the other users, but I could not find any conclusive answer or solution as yet. This " Shell Input Application"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PuvanJeevan, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Shell Input Application

Hi there, I've gone through the Q&A of the other users, but I could not find any conclusive answer or solution as yet. This " Shell Input Application" comes up on my screen automatically on my desktop as soon as I turn on my Toshiba laptop, little annoying to be honest. My question is the same "Why" & how to fix it. -Cheers

:)

PuvanJeevan, Sep 1, 2019
  2. PrM4 Win User

Strange Application: Shell Input Application

Okay,

As usual, I can't believe that Microsoft themselves don't even know their own apps, plus that they insist on giving them confusing names.

For the next person who asks this question, "Shell Input Application" = "Touchscreen Keyboard".

The reason it never makes any noise is because I almost never use it on a 27" AIO, and it only creates an item in Volume Mixer when I actually use it, so that's why it's not always there.

It's clearly not a problem, and these lame steps suggested by "Moderator" don't really show any effort in understanding. Obviously, starting in safe mode isn't going to have any effect in identifying a Touch Keyboard application. Even if I start it in Safe
    Mode, how is that going to help me identify an application that is supposed to be there?

Anyway.... this reminds me of all those first level support techs who ask you if you've tried re-booting your computer when that was the first thing you told them that's not working when they answered the phone.

PrM4, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Shell experience not running in Windows 10

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Does that mean the Start menu Cortana and the Task bar is not responding?

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Where exactly did you find that the shell experience not running?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Shell Input Application

shell infrastructure

Hi,

The error "Shell Infrastructure Host has stopped working." is usually occurring to Windows devices because of some damaged system files. To further troubleshoot your concern, we suggest following these steps:

• When "Shell Infrastructure Host has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." message appeared, press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys on your keyboard.
    • Choose Switch user.
    • Choose the administrator account and then sign into your computer.
    • Perform an In-place upgrade. Use this article published
      by PaulSey for the instructions.
    • Don't forget to choose the option to keep personal files and apps.

In-place upgrade will repair all of the damaged system files on your computer. And by choosing the option Keep personal files and apps, you'll be able to retain all of the saved files, installed applications and Windows settings on your device.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Shell Input Application

1. Shell Input Application - Similar Threads - Shell Input Application

2. Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts: Hi,I challenge myself in order to configure a windows 10 Shell Launcher to execute one single application for specific user. At this moment, I do it with Windows Imaging and configuration for the config and the deployment. However, I detect that, each time my single...
  3. Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts: Hi,I challenge myself in order to configure a windows 10 Shell Launcher to execute one single application for specific user. At this moment, I do it with Windows Imaging and configuration for the config and the deployment. However, I detect that, each time my single...
  4. Windows Shell launcher failing to start application after update

Windows Shell launcher failing to start application after update: Good afternoon all,I have an application that is launched by the Windows shell launcher V1, this is been loading for well over a year on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC version 21H2.Recently machines have been updated to OS Build 19044.3208, since that date our application has...
  5. Network locations for User Shell Folders breaking applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network locations for User Shell Folders breaking applications: Ever since the April 2022 Cumulative update, our clients have hit a couple of stumbling blocks.We point several user areas to network locations My Documents / Favorites / Recent / Personal. We modify these via group policy using the registry entries in User Shell...
  6. Network locations for User Shell Folders breaking applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network locations for User Shell Folders breaking applications: Ever since the April 2022 Cumulative update, our clients have hit a couple of stumbling blocks.We point several user areas to network locations My Documents / Favorites / Recent / Personal. We modify these via group policy using the registry entries in User Shell...
  7. Network locations for User Shell Folders breaking applications

8. Shell Experience and Text Input apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shell Experience and Text Input apps: Both these 2 installed in the last undesired update and both nix my wifi adapters and takes me 2 days to re-establish connection. I want both removed. How? I’ve uninstalled all updates and both apps remain. I would reinstall windows but with a busted laptop screen, I can’t....
  9. Microsoft text input application?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft text input application?: Just saw this in my task manager. What is it? I don’t think I’ve seen it before. submitted by /u/Zx21v9000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hx42jl/microsoft_text_input_application/
  10. Microsoft text input application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft text input application: Hello, I recently disabled Microsoft text input application. Would this cause problems with my Turbo Tax online? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-text-input-application/79030088-90b7-411b-b5a0-64e70c04dd03

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shell input application

2. shell input

3. shell input application windows 10

4. what is Shell Input Application,
  5. shell input ap,
  6. win 10 shell input application,
  7. shell input application とは,
  8. windows 10 shell input application,
  9. shell imput,
  10. shell input application firewall,
  11. shell input application firewall rules,