Windows 10: shell32.dll error and other problems?

Discus and support shell32.dll error and other problems? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, there's a problem with my windows 10 laptop, I don't exactly know whats wrong, but when I login to my account it always says something about... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SyedaSyeda, Oct 21, 2018.

1. shell32.dll error and other problems?

Hello, there's a problem with my windows 10 laptop, I don't exactly know whats wrong, but when I login to my account it always says something about shell32.dll missing. Ever since that happened I wasn't able to press anything, the WiFi icon is gone and I can't connect to the internet, I can't go on the start menu and always have to use right click to shut it down, I noticed the onedrive is gone too, I can't open my windows defender or malwarebytes to check for viruses either. I tried resetting my laptop, but it wouldn't let me and it would always say "There was a problem resetting your PC."

Today I went on again and it said "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't no any administrator accounts on this PC." that got me confused, all the accounts on my laptop are administrators, I tried other things, but it said the same thing for some reason. Today I tried going on my settings, even settings won't open.

Please help! Thank you!

:)

SyedaSyeda, Oct 21, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 7 - Explorer Has stopped Working - SHELL32.dll

Looks to be a problem with shell32.dll, more than likely, a shell extension from some other program you are using.
    Look to your event manager in the administrative tools for clues.

Replacing explorer.exe or the shell32.dll. will do nothing for the problem.
    You need to figure out which program has the incompatible or bad shell extension.
    Also, make sure your system/programs updates are up to date.

95Viper, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Bizarre RunDLL Error in shell32.DLL

I have a new (~month old) HP Envy 17" laptop computer running Windows 10. When I attempt the following, I get a bizarre RunDLL error in shell32.dll:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,control_RunDLL ncpa.cpl

The bizarre error is as follows:

RunDLL Error in shell32.dll

Missing entry: control_RunDLL

I selected Install as the Windows Topic for this query because I don't know where it actually fits. I figured either I have a syntax error or there may be something wrong with the OS installation.

Please help. Thank you.

Samurai7388, Oct 21, 2018
  4. shell32.dll error and other problems?

Windows 10 Bizarre RunDLL Error in shell32.DLL

Greg,

Mea Culpa!

Problem resolved! It did turn out to be a syntax error (case sensitivity).

The command line: rundll32.exe shell32.dll,control_RunDLL ncpa.cpl

should read rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL ncpa.cpl

I am relieved that there is no apparent issue with my Windows 10 installation!

Thanks again.

Samurai7388, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

shell32.dll error and other problems?

1. shell32.dll error and other problems? - Similar Threads - shell32 dll error

2. Folder icons. Are there other dll's than c:\windows\system\shell32.dll containing folder icons?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder icons. Are there other dll's than c:\windows\system\shell32.dll containing folder icons?: Are there other dll's than c:\windows\system\shell32.dll containing folder icons?I used another another one several years ago but have forgotten the name :-...
  3. Problem with shell32.dll on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with shell32.dll on Windows 10: Sorry for the crosspost - posted it to Windows 7 by accident the first time. The following worked on Windows 7, but now Windows 10 - noticed it in Java, but this is also the case when you invoke this from the command line: rundll32 shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL "path" If...
  4. Problem with shell32.dll on Windows 10

Problem with shell32.dll on Windows 10: The following worked on Windows 7, but now Windows 10 - noticed it in Java, but this is also the case when you invoke this from the command line: rundll32 shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL "path" If "path" is a filename without any other path components, it works even now....
  5. Windows 10 shell32.dll missing

Windows 10 shell32.dll missing: How do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shell32dll-missing/25595937-e166-497c-9135-081ba922b5c2
  6. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Can you please help with this blue screen. I get different kind of blue screen since a few month, this one is latest. Its not my ram I tested it. Some help pls, thanks. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjWUmvzIdGqijgmU1yi48Lp8a3vI...
  7. "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll": Hello- I have installed a couple of games (Rainbow Six Seige + Fortnite ) and both display "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll". as a sort of crash? Minecraft runs fine and so does everything- Dell Support Assist says my computer is fine so....? How do I access Shell32 files...
  8. change those shell32.dll icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    change those shell32.dll icons: [img] Hi to all! Does anyone know if can I change those icons via resource hacker? 103971
  9. Computer won't boot after replacing imageres.dll and shell32.dll

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't boot after replacing imageres.dll and shell32.dll: Hello everyone, I am in desperate need of help. I hated Windows 10's icons so i tried replacing them with copies from Windows 8.1, the copy succeeded but when i tried to boot back into Windows it got stuck at the loading screen and kept flashing repeatedly, can you please...
  10. Missing shell32.dll and WININET.dll file

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing shell32.dll and WININET.dll file: My computer just shut off on my, and once i turned it back on it said that i had a missing shell32.dll and WININET.dll file. I was never messing with any files, just playing a video game. I cant open anything besides documents. I tried looking stuff up on how to fix but it...