Windows 10: ShellExecuteEX error

Discus and support ShellExecuteEX error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, earlier today I was attempting to install a new program, however when trying to boot the installer, I was met with the following error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GreatGatherer, Apr 9, 2021.

1. ShellExecuteEX error

Hello, earlier today I was attempting to install a new program, however when trying to boot the installer, I was met with the following error:

"ShellExecuteEx failed; code 126.
    The specified module could not be found."

Does anyone know how to fix this, or if I just lost $10 for a program I can't use, haha.

:)

GreatGatherer, Apr 9, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 203

Hi,

ShellExecuteEx is an important system routine function which may fail to communicate with a software installer. To get a better grasp of your query, kindly provide us the following:

• Does the error only applies when you download a .exe file only?
    • To what web browser are you trying to download a certain file?
    We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Apr 9, 2021
  3. ShellExecuteEx failed; code -10737418

I have a problem opening many programs that work in Windows 7 but they give me this error in Windows 10: ShellExecuteEx failed; code -10737418. How do I fix this? I can't even open Bandicam!

Zapzap2Gamer, Apr 9, 2021
  4. ShellExecuteEX error

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1061" in Windows 10

I get this error message: ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1061" in Windows 10

BeckyLolley, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

ShellExecuteEX error

1. ShellExecuteEX error - Similar Threads - ShellExecuteEX error

2. How to solve this Windows Script Host Error. It keeps popping up. The error says- cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this Windows Script Host Error. It keeps popping up. The error says- cannot...: The error says- cannot find script file "C:\Users\Public\BrowserApp\BrowserApp.vbs"How do I get rid of this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-this-windows-script-host-error-it/8ae80aa5-f7d9-44da-b69f-650a19ff1063
  3. How to solve this Windows Script Host Error. It keeps popping up. The error says- cannot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve this Windows Script Host Error. It keeps popping up. The error says- cannot...: The error says- cannot find script file "C:\Users\Public\BrowserApp\BrowserApp.vbs"How do I get rid of this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-this-windows-script-host-error-it/8ae80aa5-f7d9-44da-b69f-650a19ff1063
  4. ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 the request is not supported... Why??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 the request is not supported... Why??: I try to install QuickTime and ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 The request is not supported appeared, i also try to run as administrator it says same thing, When i tried to install another app to check it just same I searched for answer but there's no same problem or...
  5. ShellExecuteEx a échoué; code 3221225775"?! Ça veut dire quoi s'il vous plaît ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ShellExecuteEx a échoué; code 3221225775"?! Ça veut dire quoi s'il vous plaît ?: ShellExecuteEx a échoué; code 3221225775"?! Ça veut dire quoi s'il vous plaît ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shellexecuteex-a-%C3%A9chou%C3%A9-code-3221225775/356bcda5-3776-4d12-b950-752c58d54284
  6. ShellExecuteEx Failed; code error 8235. A referral was returned from the server

in Windows 10 News
    ShellExecuteEx Failed; code error 8235. A referral was returned from the server: [ATTACH]If you cannot install software and receive an error message every time you do […] This article ShellExecuteEx Failed; code error 8235. A referral was returned from the server first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Get ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155, No application is associated with the specified file...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Get ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155, No application is associated with the specified file...: All my applications Google Chrome, all Microsoft Office software, and more suddenly became .exe files. Now I can't open anything. I can't Restore my own System nor run anything as my administrator. What should I do?...
  8. Fix ShellExecuteEx failed error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix ShellExecuteEx failed error in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you try to install a program on your Windows computer if you see a “ShellExecuteEx failed” accompanied by different codes, then this post will […] This article Fix ShellExecuteEx failed error in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. ShellExecuteEx failed; code -1073741792

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ShellExecuteEx failed; code -1073741792: I am running the Windows 10 o/s on my HP 2000 laptop. The pc is 6 years old. 4G memory. I am unable to download anything because of the above failure message. I have paid for various Tech Help websites, but no one can solve the problem. I've Reset the PC. I've run it in...
  10. How to fix "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 127. The specified procedure could not be found"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 127. The specified procedure could not be found": Any time I try to run a .exe file like an installer for a game, it displays this error code? Any solution? I already tried what you said on...