Windows 10: ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth device

Discus and support ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth device in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Basically what the title says, every time I click on the "Add device" > "Bluetooth" button in the Bluetooth & devices settings tab the window freezes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Octavian Mihai Rada, Feb 22, 2024.

1. ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth device

Basically what the title says, every time I click on the "Add device" > "Bluetooth" button in the Bluetooth & devices settings tab the window freezes. In the event viewer I get the following error:The program ShellExperienceHost.exe version 10.0.22621.3085 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control pa

:)

Octavian Mihai Rada, Feb 22, 2024
  2. Rose Cal Win User

ShellExperienceHost hanging during boot when ethernet disconnected

Hi,

It is possible that you're experiencing ShellExperienceHost hanging during boot when Ethernet is disconnected due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to know which build and version of Windows 10 you're using. Are you getting
    any error messages when you tried opening/using Cortana? What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Teemo Tang on this

thread
    to troubleshoot the error ShellExperienceHost
    hanging during boot when Ethernet is disconnected.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Try3 Win User
    Cannot use bluetooth device

1 Pairing is done in Settings, Devices
    1.1 You click on Add Bluetooth or other device
    1.2 You choose Bluetooth
    1.3 If there is a pairing button on the bluetooth device itself then you press that now. You need to check the instructions for your bluetooth device to see how to do this - several automatically go into pairing mode when they switch on, others have a button that needs to be pressed for, say, 5 seconds.
    1.4 The computer detects all available bluetooth devices and you select yours from the list. If yours is not on the list then Windows could not detect it.
    1.5 It connects - pairing includes connecting
    1.6 The computer sounds a buzz in the earpiece then displays Your device is ready to go and you click on Done
    1.7 The device is shown in the devices list below the subheading Audio and it shows it as connected
    1.8 The device should also appear in Control panel, Sounds, Playback tab
    1.9 The device should also appear in Control panel, Devices & printers
    1.10 {I just paired some bluetooth earphones as I typed so I could make sure these notes were correct} You use a music player and the sound comes out of the bluetooth earphones

2 If this is not happening for you then go to Contol panel, Devices & printers
    2.1 Right-click on the device & select Remove device
    2.2 You can now try pairing from scratch again
    2.3 Several other users have reported that only removing the device with Bluetooth command line tools - BluetoothInstaller allowed them to re-pair again [see xzion's guidance below]
    2.4 Yet others reported that only the KeithM code or Bungee's guidance worked for them [see below]

3 Where is this all going wrong for you?
    [I assume we are definitely talking about bluetooth headphones/earphones. I understand that WiFi ones do also exist.]

4 Additional guidance -

Unpair a Bluetooth Device - TenForumsTutorials
    Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows - Windows Help

Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #9, xzion] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #22, KeithM] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #39, Bungee] - TenForums
    Several people registered in TenForums just to be able to thanks xzion, KeithM & Bungee. Apparently, what worked for some people did not work for others so each solution seems worth trying.

Denis

4. ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth device

Cannot use bluetooth device

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ameneses54, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth device

1. ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth device - Similar Threads - ShellExperienceHost exe hangs

2. ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth device: Basically what the title says, every time I click on the "Add device" > "Bluetooth" button in the Bluetooth & devices settings tab the window freezes. In the event viewer I get the following error:The program ShellExperienceHost.exe version 10.0.22621.3085 stopped interacting...
  3. When I try to add bluetooth devices it shows couldn't connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to add bluetooth devices it shows couldn't connect.: When I try to add bluetooth devices it shows couldn't connect. When I try to connect it to my phone it shows incorrect pin or passkey on my phone. I have reinstalled the driver, check for updates, installed latest drivers from manufacturers website but its not working...
  4. When I try to add bluetooth devices it shows couldn't connect.

When I try to add bluetooth devices it shows couldn't connect.: When I try to add bluetooth devices it shows couldn't connect. When I try to connect it to my phone it shows incorrect pin or passkey on my phone. I have reinstalled the driver, check for updates, installed latest drivers from manufacturers website but its not working...
  5. ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth or other devices, Settings...

ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth or other devices, Settings...: This has been a problem for a while now since updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10. It appears that ShellExperiencehost.exe suffers a hang whenever I try to Add a device via Bluetooth. The other Add device options also cause this issue when I tried. When it hangs, the Add...
  6. ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth or other devices, Settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ShellExperienceHost.exe hangs when trying to add Bluetooth or other devices, Settings...: This has been a problem for a while now since updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10. It appears that ShellExperiencehost.exe suffers a hang whenever I try to Add a device via Bluetooth. The other Add device options also cause this issue when I tried. When it hangs, the Add...
  7. Bluetooth Add a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Add a device: Hello,I need help with my computer. I am trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop which has bluetooth however when I open settings and go to bluetooth and press add a device, nothing is showing up. I tried to find fixes online. I tried to do win + a to see if it...
  8. Bluetooth Add a device

Bluetooth Add a device: Hello,I need help with my computer. I am trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop which has bluetooth however when I open settings and go to bluetooth and press add a device, nothing is showing up. I tried to find fixes online. I tried to do win + a to see if it...
  9. window closes when trying to add a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window closes when trying to add a device: When trying to add a Bluetooth device or printer, a dialog box opens and closes after a couple of seconds.All updates and latest drivers from manufacturer and MS are installed. Bios latest.Asus Rog Zephyrus G14 GA401QM-K2100T. How can I solve the problem without a complete...
  10. add bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add bluetooth devices: add bluetooth devices like ipods to a Acer laptop how can I do that is it possible to add a device to listen to audio apple ipods https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-bluetooth-devices/a3ac961f-d2d2-43a3-a0c8-d6ac76ef5ba5