Windows 10: ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

Discus and support ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I booted up my PC and this error appeared. Virus scan on Windows defender, no threats found. This has never happened to me before, and it happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lutheriklo, May 31, 2020.

1. ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

I booted up my PC and this error appeared. Virus scan on Windows defender, no threats found. This has never happened to me before, and it happened about a week after installing Razer Cortex. Could someone explain if this is a threat and how I can fix it?

Edit: Closed the popup which said there was an error, same popup came back up but this time for StartMenuExperienceHost.exe. I'm getting a bit worried if it was something I enabled in Razer Cortex, or something else.

submitted by /u/lutheriklo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lutheriklo, May 31, 2020

2. LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

i got this recently "logonui.exe the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer" may you explain why that error happened?

faiziqbalmld, May 31, 2020
  3. Neil23 Win User
    Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message...

“The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application“

Any suggestion as to what the problem is and how to rectify the problem?

Neil23, May 31, 2020
  4. ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

Explorer.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

Hello! I hope all is well. For some reason, out of nowhere, my window's PC began to restart the explorer.exe process over and over and over. It continues to crash and restart. I received the following error message when I booted in safe mode:

The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

I can't do anything when I boot into normal mode because my computer restarts explorer.exe so frequently that its impossible to get things running before it's closed and restarted.

Steps I've taken:

Ran malware scan - results were nothing

Ran sfc scannow - results nothing

Ran Reset computer but keep apps and files - results nothing

What do I need to do to fix this?

clydehunter1, May 31, 2020
Thema:

ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

1. ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this... - Similar Threads - ShellExperienceHost exe system

2. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.: Hello, i recently got this problem while opening steam games. The first error is TextInputHost.exe-System error, the second is SearchHost.exe-System error and i think i got a third one once but can't remember what it said. I have tried sfc and dism but didn't work. Also i...
  3. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.: Hello, i recently got this problem while opening steam games. The first error is TextInputHost.exe-System error, the second is SearchHost.exe-System error and i think i got a third one once but can't remember what it said. I have tried sfc and dism but didn't work. Also i...
  4. SystemSettings.exe The system detected an overrun of stack-based buffer in this...

SystemSettings.exe The system detected an overrun of stack-based buffer in this...: Does anyone know how to fix this? It doesn’t allow me to use wifi and sound. And when I open windows security it says “You’ll need a new app for this windowsdefender link” “Look an app in the microsoft store”. and when i select it and press ok it says “ ms-windows-store:...
  5. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  6. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  7. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. LogilonUI.exe: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LogilonUI.exe: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: About 3 months ago my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop booted to a blank screen with flashing mouse with loading wheel.I first solved the problem by doing a system restore, but the problem repeatedly returned when Windows updated.I then tried to boot in Safe Mode, but immediately got...
  9. System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun: Hi guys, having some trouble here. I cannot find a solution, I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. One of the games I play seems to have become corrupted and caused a crash. Now it won't launch at all. That is not the main problem. The PC refuses to uninstall...
  10. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...: PROCESS_NAME: BlackDesert64. ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. I recently bluescreened and this was...