Windows 10: ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

Discus and support ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Jan 4, 2020.

1. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too.

For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted the db and even removed registry entries and reinstalled. But no matter what I try, it seems to remember some things until I reboot then it forgets them. If I "Save db now" it will remember it, but I can't imagine having to do that for every single window I move or resize.

Windows 10 1809 17763.864 (2019-11)

Anyone else seeing anything strange with this utility?

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Jan 4, 2020
  2. DNK
    dnk Win User

Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix

Has anyone come across an app like ShellFolderFix for saving window/icon positions?

I previously used ShellFolderFix on Win 7.

On Win 10 (multi-monitor setup), coming out of sleep, the windows are all gathers on my primary monitor instead of being distributed where I left them. So I tried ShellFolderFix, but it does not help. So I was going to save the "workspace" (in ShellFolderFix), but i just get an error (there are no open windows, that are saved in a workspace). So I am looking for another method.

Suggestions?

3. DavidGBUK Win User
    Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix

29/7/2015 Have installed the Windows 10 released today. I have just installed ShellFolderFix on this main system as I did a clean install using the software from the Microsoft site to set up a USB install stick. ShellFolderFix works like a charm on this system just as it did on Wndows 7. My Laptop I just did the upgrade of Windows 10 to keep all my software intact ShellFolderFix was alleady installed on that and again on Windows 10 its working like a charm. I just thought I'd let you know via this forum as I could not get it work on any of the Pre-Release Builds of windows 10 until today.

DavidGBUK, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Drybonz Win User

ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

Remember window position?

For the other guy that was having problems with this intended behavior... check out this link. I never had problems in previous versions of windows, but apparently other people have experienced this intended behavior. This was made for win7 but I just tried it out and it seems to be working. Hope it helps you out. ShellFolderFix - Manage folder window positions/size - Windows 7 Help Forums

Drybonz, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

1. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position - Similar Threads - ShellfolderFix remembering size

2. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  3. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  4. Windows not remembering position nor size since the last update!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not remembering position nor size since the last update!: SO this last update introduced a bug, I think. If it's a feature it's not one I like. The subject line says it all.I am on Windows 11 Pro and it's fully updated. If you coders from MS are watching these forums please fix this issue. It's not a deal breaker but it's rather...
  5. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  6. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  7. Windows 10 does not remember window position and size

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 does not remember window position and size: If Windows does not remember the window position and size then this post will help you fix the problem. Although Windows 10 should open the […] This article Windows 10 does not remember window position and size first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?: Like notepad for instance, it always shows up where I last used it. Handy yes, but not always, let us be able to check or uncheck the suggested option. In Captain Picards voice: Very well, make it so. submitted by /u/Daemonshmike [link] [comments]...
  9. Remember window position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember window position?: In every version of Windows 10 I have used, including the most recent official build (and unlike every previous Windows including XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc...) my window positions on the desktop are not remembered (sticky) each time I close the window. Meaning that each time I...
  10. Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix

in Windows 10 Support
    Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix: Has anyone come across an app like ShellFolderFix for saving window/icon positions? I previously used ShellFolderFix on Win 7. On Win 10 (multi-monitor setup), coming out of sleep, the windows are all gathers on my primary monitor instead of being distributed where I...