Windows 10: shelliconoverlay missing from registry Windows 10

Discus and support shelliconoverlay missing from registry Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to find out why my Dropbox folders don't show any Smartsync icons on them. I have learned that the icons should be stored in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Oliver Frank a1064970, Oct 30, 2020.

1. shelliconoverlay missing from registry Windows 10

I am trying to find out why my Dropbox folders don't show any Smartsync icons on them. I have learned that the icons should be stored in the shelliconoverlay entry in the registry in Windows 10, which has a limit of 15 icon types.

However, there is no shelliconoverlay entry at all in the registry of my Windows 10 desktop computer.

Why would this be and how can I fix it?

I saw a reference to Box. I have Box Sync installed. Could this have anything to do with the problem?

:)

Oliver Frank a1064970, Oct 30, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Registry entries missing

Hi Arvid,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

This might be due to the registry entries getting corrupted or missing. I would suggest you to click the article given below and try the 3rd step from the article first. If that doesn't work, continue with the other suggested troubleshooting steps one after
    the other.

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 30, 2020
  4. shelliconoverlay missing from registry Windows 10

Windows 10 'Windows sockets registry entries are missing'

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I would like to inform you that Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if you are able to connect to internet.

Step 1: Perform a Winsock Reset

• Open the Windows Start Screen or
      Start Menu and type cmd in the search box.

• Right-click Command Prompt or
      cmd in the search results and select Run as Administrator.

• Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.

• Reboot your computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    jtelliott94 on March 25, 2015 and check if it helps.

Refer: windows socket registry
    entries missing according to diagnostics and internet no longer working at all

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

shelliconoverlay missing from registry Windows 10

1. shelliconoverlay missing from registry Windows 10 - Similar Threads - shelliconoverlay missing registry

2. WaasMedicSvc key missing from registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WaasMedicSvc key missing from registry: My windows update keep disabling when I try to enable it on services.msc so I tried some guide and I didn't know that you cannot delete WaasMedicSvc, Now I lost my WaasMedicSvc and I still cannot fix my windows update, is there any way to fix it?...
  3. WaasMedicSvc key missing from registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WaasMedicSvc key missing from registry: My windows update keep disabling when I try to enable it on services.msc so I tried some guide and I didn't know that you cannot delete WaasMedicSvc, Now I lost my WaasMedicSvc and I still cannot fix my windows update, is there any way to fix it?...
  4. WaasMedicSvc key missing from registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Shelliconoverlay Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shelliconoverlay Missing: I upgraded to Windows 11 and I cannot find the ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers in the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiersWhere is it now? I am running into Microsoft's 15 icon limit.Thanks In Advance....
  6. Windows 11 Shelliconoverlay Missing

Windows 11 Shelliconoverlay Missing: I upgraded to Windows 11 and I cannot find the ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers in the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiersWhere is it now? I am running into Microsoft's 15 icon limit.Thanks In Advance....
  7. Windows 10 NetworkList in Registry Missing Profiles?

Windows 10 NetworkList in Registry Missing Profiles?: Hi:Profiles from Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles were deleted from my computer. The networks still work, but there is now no way to change the type from public to private, for example.Is there a way to fix this...
  8. "Showpreviewpanehandlers" missing from registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Showpreviewpanehandlers" missing from registry?: Windows 10, 20H2 latest updates. Detection of this issue arose during researching why my deleted RAW images (.rw2) within the Recycle Bin were showing up as program icons instead of image thumbnails (however, image thumbnails do show when opening File Explorer.) And, with the...
  9. explorer.exe missing from registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe missing from registry: For the past couple weeks, I've been unable to use the taskbar, start menu, settings etc. and have since been trying to find a solution. Note: I can still use Windows Explorer to browse through files without issue. This happened a couple times before, but I was able to...
  10. Entire Wuaserv (Windows Update) File Missing from Registry/ Missing From Services/ Missing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Entire Wuaserv (Windows Update) File Missing from Registry/ Missing From Services/ Missing...: Now, this has been a bit of a pain in my ass. I've had this issue for quite some time now (a few months, to be exact) and am now unsure of what to do after doing the following: - DISM checks - SFC/ scannow - Windows Update Troubleshooter - Running BITS - A Full-On...