Windows 10: shift+2 or the "at" shortcut not working properly

Discus and support shift+2 or the "at" shortcut not working properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i haven't been on my pc in a long time due to NBN taking their sweet time doing their thing so my download speed on steam is terrible and is pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CocoPopsLCM, Aug 30, 2019.

1. shift+2 or the "at" shortcut not working properly

i haven't been on my pc in a long time due to NBN taking their sweet time doing their thing so my download speed on steam is terrible and is pretty much pointless but i turned on my pc after 2 months and whenever i use the number 2 on the horizontal row on the top of my keyboard it like jumps to the top of my paragraph or when i try to search something on google it jumps to the second suggested search. but when i used the number pad it works normally. another problem i have is when i try to use the shift+2 shortcut to get the "at" symbol it deletes all that i have typed before i use the shortcut so i have type the "at" then finish off what i have to type example being an email or typing an "at" in discord. i dont know if its my keyboard but i have the razer cynosa chroma which works fine on my ps4 or if its windows 10 acting up. i havent played any games yet so i dont know what will happen

:)

CocoPopsLCM, Aug 30, 2019

2. "Shift + Ctrl + Numbers" thumbnail view shortcut in file explorer of windows 10 1511 not working

Hi Mohak,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Shift + Ctrl + Number shortcut fails to work on Windows 10 after update. I will certainly help you.

As initial troubleshooting, I suggest you to check other keyboard shortcuts like
    Shift + Caps Lock, Ctrl + P, Ctrl + Shift + Esc are working like it should.

Similarly check whether Shift + Ctrl + 3, 4,
    5, 6, 7, 8 keyboard shortcuts which customizes the File Explorer view are working.

Follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1:

1. Right click on Start, navigate to
    Control Panel
    > File Explorer Options.

2. Click on General and View
    tab and click on Restore Defaults > Apply >
    OK

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 30, 2019
  3. BaldRicky Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+'n' stopped working

Hi

The extremely useful shortcuts (Ctrl+Shift+'n') within File Explorer has suddenly stopped working.

There was an automatic Windows update a few days ago and I believe the last time I used the shortcuts was before this update. These shortcuts worked as follows...

Ctrl+Shift+1 Change View to Extra Large Icons

Ctrl+Shift+2 Change View to Large Icons

Ctrl+Shift+3 Change View to Medium Icons

Ctrl+Shift+4 Change View to Small Icons

Ctrl+Shift+5 Change View to List View

Ctrl+Shift+6 Change View to Details View

Elsewhere I have seen a couple of other Windows 10 users reporting the same issue but I have not yet tracked down a fix.

As far as I can tell all of my other keyboard shortcuts are working.

I am on a 9 month old Dell Inspiron 17 5770 Laptop.

Is there a setting I can apply to get the shortcuts back please?

Thanks in advance

Rick

BaldRicky, Aug 30, 2019
  4. ngoedhals Win User

shift+2 or the "at" shortcut not working properly

the winkey-X shortcut not working properly.

Don't believe it!

The customer stated that "the winkey-X shortcut not working properly" and then you tell the customer to use that non-working function as a step in fixing the problem...

"1. Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level."

Perhaps you should pay attention to what the customer is saying.

ngoedhals, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

shift+2 or the "at" shortcut not working properly

1. shift+2 or the "at" shortcut not working properly - Similar Threads - shift+2 shortcut working

2. CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut not working for splitting my screen on edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut not working for splitting my screen on edge: used to work before but not anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrlshift2-shortcut-not-working-for-splitting-my/e096163e-a37d-4d65-a1aa-b23981e4de9e
  3. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  4. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  5. shift + 2 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift + 2 not working: I'm not talking about the @ symbol and that I'm using a UK keyboard I can't press shift + 2 like when playing a game and I press the 2 button to change the weapon while sprinting with the shift key it won't work I tried to change the keyboard and using the touch keyboard and...
  6. shift + 2 not working

shift + 2 not working: I'm not talking about the @ symbol and that I'm using a UK keyboard I can't press shift + 2 like when playing a game and I press the 2 button to change the weapon while sprinting with the shift key it won't work I tried to change the keyboard and using the touch keyboard and...
  7. shift + 2 not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Left shift not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift not working properly: the left shift key my laptop which runs Windows 10 latest update has been acting weird today..it works perfectly fine, the only thing wrong with it is I can't combine it with anything else..so if I want to run Task Manager for example, when pressing CTRL + Shift + ESC, the...
  9. Left shift not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Left shift not working properly: the left shift key my laptop which runs Windows 10 latest update has been acting weird today..it works perfectly fine, the only thing wrong with it is I can't combine it with anything else..so if I want to run Task Manager for example, when pressing CTRL + Shift + ESC, the...
  10. Left shift not working properly

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift 2 is not working

2. shift 2 not working

3. shift 2 not working on win 10