Windows 10: Shift + 2 should be " but it is @

Discus and support Shift + 2 should be " but it is @ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Version 1903 Language is set to English (United Kingdom), I have checked in Advanced Keyboard Settings It was working that Shift+2 = "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compact, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Compact Win User

Shift + 2 should be " but it is @

Win 10 Version 1903
    Language is set to English (United Kingdom), I have checked in Advanced Keyboard Settings

It was working that
    Shift+2 = "
    Shift+3= The Uk pound currency
    Shift ' = @

Now I seem to be on the US keyboard
    Shift+2 = @
    Shift+3= #
    Shift ' = "

One of the kids was 'playing' with the laptop......
    Any ideas how I set this back to the correct UK settings?

Thanks

:)

Compact, Jan 6, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    If I type shift+2 it displays " and when I type shift+" it displays @ its reversed how to fix it

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

This issue may occur if you have installed language pack more than 1 or 2 in your system, I suggest you to check the language settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Open the Start menu and select "Settings

• Select "Time & language

• Select "Region & language

• Set your preferred default language

• Click your language

• Click the "Options" button.

• Remove any keyboard layouts you don't want to use.

• Add your desired layout if it isn't listed and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2020
  4. tigger Win User

tigger, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Shift + 2 should be " but it is @ - Similar Threads - Shift should

2. Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?: Het is een HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanneer-ik-mijn-shift-lock-aan-doe-komt-er-een/46611784-cc43-4024-9936-2344180437d6
  3. Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?: Het is een HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanneer-ik-mijn-shift-lock-aan-doe-komt-er-een/46611784-cc43-4024-9936-2344180437d6
  4. Shift Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  5. Shift Key Issue

Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  6. Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...: I am currently using windows 11 and my laptop is acer nitro 5, is there any fix that can fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-appear-clor-shifted-rainbow-bloom-type/f1e823e6-a285-42f9-880f-2736ff34b31b
  7. Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...

Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...: I am currently using windows 11 and my laptop is acer nitro 5, is there any fix that can fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-appear-clor-shifted-rainbow-bloom-type/f1e823e6-a285-42f9-880f-2736ff34b31b
  8. my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...: laptop is only two years old but the shift key now comes on without me pressing it and i cannot get rid of it without restarting my laptop is there a quick fix as i am pretty sure its not the fault of sticky keys...
  9. Shift key stuck on

Shift key stuck on: Had my laptop for a few years and never had any problems until now. Shift key turns itself on and I can only turn it off by restarting the laptop. Is there a quick fix for this? Fairly certain it’s not sticky keys...
  10. my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...

my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...: laptop is only two years old but the shift key now comes on without me pressing it and i cannot get rid of it without restarting my laptop is there a quick fix as i am pretty sure its not the fault of sticky keys...