Windows 10: Shift + 6/7 Stopped working

Discus and support Shift + 6/7 Stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not sure what the cause of it is, was working one second and stopped the next, i really dont want to have to buy a new keyboard for this. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexanderB3, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Shift + 6/7 Stopped working

Not sure what the cause of it is, was working one second and stopped the next, i really dont want to have to buy a new keyboard for this. I've tried tons of things, changing language, reinstalling drivers changing usb ports, updating windows. shift + 1-5 and 8-0 work fine, but 6 and 7 just input nothing when used.

:)

AlexanderB3, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Oct 2, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Shift + 6/7 Stopped working

shift key not working

the shift key as stopped working. I tried a lot of what I can find in the internet (sticky key, driver, hit 5 or 7 or 9 time the shift key) with not success. can anyone help. running windows 10. If I try another keyboard it work, as anyone ever heard
    of just the shift key stop working.

AlainDemers1, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Shift + 6/7 Stopped working

1. Shift + 6/7 Stopped working - Similar Threads - Shift Stopped working

2. both shift keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    both shift keys stopped working: i've had this issue b4 and researched a lot about it and it eventually resolved itself but can't figure out how. now it's back, both shift keys stopped working, if i press them a lot they start working for a while then stop, i've already tried many things, it's not drivers,...
  3. both shift keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    both shift keys stopped working: i've had this issue b4 and researched a lot about it and it eventually resolved itself but can't figure out how. now it's back, both shift keys stopped working, if i press them a lot they start working for a while then stop, i've already tried many things, it's not drivers,...
  4. My Shift key suddenly stop working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Shift key suddenly stop working.: I updated to Windows 11 a day before yesterday and I noticed that my shift key is not working for some specific keys like I can't press 'T' by holding left shift key also I cannot use some number row keys i.e; '%', '^', '_', '+'. All the settings like sticky keys and key...
  5. My Shift key suddenly stop working.

My Shift key suddenly stop working.: I updated to Windows 11 a day before yesterday and I noticed that my shift key is not working for some specific keys like I can't press 'T' by holding left shift key also I cannot use some number row keys i.e; '%', '^', '_', '+'. All the settings like sticky keys and key...
  6. My Shift key suddenly stop working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Shift+m and shift+" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift+m and shift+" not working: So shift+m and shift+" are not working, whenever I try to do it it does absolutely nothing. Every other shift+key works just fine. I tried a different keyboard still doesn't work. Also ran "sfc /scannow" in the elevated cmd along with "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  8. Shift+m and shift+" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift+m and shift+" not working: So shift+m and shift+" are not working, whenever I try to do it it does absolutely nothing. Every other shift+key works just fine. I tried a different keyboard still doesn't work. Also ran "sfc /scannow" in the elevated cmd along with "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  9. Shift+m and shift+" not working

10. Shift+m and shift+" not working