Windows 10: Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

Discus and support Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using my laptop for more than a year now with no issues, but now I am having this issue of the Shift+a not working. I have two keyboards... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheTraveler51, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

I have been using my laptop for more than a year now with no issues, but now I am having this issue of the Shift+a not working. I have two keyboards that I have tried this on and have had the same result. I have also taken the steps to the shift key not working issue but have had no luck.

1st method - Uninstall and reinstall keyboard driver

2nd- Trying a external keyboard

3rd - Check filter and sticky keys

4th - Run troubleshooter

5th - Boot in safe mode

I'm just stuck now and would like some help.

:)

TheTraveler51, Dec 1, 2020
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

Ok glad you found a fix, I have a Logitech wireless keyboard, and have no problems using the shift capital letters to work. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter :)

OldMike65, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

I plugged it on a different port and I'm still having the same problem. It is my physical keyboard. My touchscreen keyboard can shift capital letters just fine and is not the problem.

disman00911, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

Hello. I am new here.

I had just bought a dell all-in-one computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. The computer is functioning properly. I also had a wireless Logitech wave keyboard and use it instead of the default keyboard that comes with the dell computer.

However, I am experiencing an annoyance that I can not press shift + F to get a capital letter F. I have to either CAPS LOCK or press the malfunctioning button and shift at the same time and then let go of the shift button to get a capital letter. I I am also getting the same problem with the letters D, J, C, and the plus sign. I can press shift and most of the other keyboard letters just fine. What it is going on? Is my Logitech keyboard defective? The keyboard was working fine with my older dell computer. *Huh

Thanks.

disman00911, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

1. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter - Similar Threads - Shift+a does capitalize

2. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  3. I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it: I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it but I need to press caps lock to be able to do so "U", Also the Shift + U is being registered and it's not writted , Additional thing it's not only about the letter u if I switch the language to any other language I...
  4. Why shift does not work on some capital letter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why shift does not work on some capital letter?: The shift key does not work on my laptop on Windows 11 when I tried to input capital letter S. BUT other letters work well if I use shift on capital letters.For letter S, It will pop up a window on POS, RGB if I input shift+s. So I have to use Capslk to input capital letter...
  5. Why shift does not work on some capital letter?

Why shift does not work on some capital letter?: The shift key does not work on my laptop on Windows 11 when I tried to input capital letter S. BUT other letters work well if I use shift on capital letters.For letter S, It will pop up a window on POS, RGB if I input shift+s. So I have to use Capslk to input capital letter...
  6. Shift key for capital letters does not work in the Your Phone App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key for capital letters does not work in the Your Phone App: When i have my phone display on screen, the shift key will work for symbols but it wont work for capital lettersAny thoughts on why it isnt working?...
  7. Shift key for capital letters does not work in the Your Phone App

Shift key for capital letters does not work in the Your Phone App: When i have my phone display on screen, the shift key will work for symbols but it wont work for capital lettersAny thoughts on why it isnt working?...
  8. Capital letters

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Capital letters: Windows 10 version 1903 64bit. When using Word 2007,for some reason The next line always starts with a capital letter(as in this line)is there a setting to Prevent this happening? 143513
  9. Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters: Hello. I am new here. I had just bought a dell all-in-one computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. The computer is functioning properly. I also had a wireless Logitech wave keyboard and use it instead of the default keyboard that comes with the dell computer. However, I...
  10. Capital letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Capital letter: When typing an email,each time I start a new line and press the space bar after the first word, the first letter of the new line becomes a capital letter.Is there any way to correct this from happening? 104867

Users found this page by searching for:

1. capital letters keyboard key problem