Windows 10: Shift and Control swapped

Discus and support Shift and Control swapped in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Randomly, my control and shift keys kind of swapped. I can still do control + C to copy and control + V to paste, but I usually use control + 2 for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chapin02, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Chapin02 Win User

Shift and Control swapped

Randomly, my control and shift keys kind of swapped. I can still do control + C to copy and control + V to paste, but I usually use control + 2 for the @ sign, but now I have to press shift + 2 which is kind of annoying for me. Does anyone know how to fix it? I have tried going into the advance keyboard settings and testing with alt control and shift control (does not do anything) and the only language I have is English US.

:)

Chapin02, Aug 28, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Aug 28, 2019
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Aug 28, 2019
  4. KatJB Win User

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Shift and Control swapped - Similar Threads - Shift Control swapped

2. change default keyboard behaviour; swap shift+[ & [

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change default keyboard behaviour; swap shift+[ & [: So I have tried using Powertoys, can't get it to properly swap [ & {. Have tried remapping, but no matter the settings it just won't work. I can change one or the other, but not both together. I want to swap the keyboard behaviour for these 2.How can I change the default...
  3. change default keyboard behaviour; swap shift+[ & [

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change default keyboard behaviour; swap shift+[ & [: So I have tried using Powertoys, can't get it to properly swap [ & {. Have tried remapping, but no matter the settings it just won't work. I can change one or the other, but not both together. I want to swap the keyboard behaviour for these 2.How can I change the default...
  4. Control + Shift + T Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control + Shift + T Issue.: Whenever I use control + shift + t, it creates this trademark logo, ™. How do I disable it, I want to use that shortcut to reopen closed tabs on my browser. My laptop also has other weird hotkeys like control + shift + h creates a heart . I don't think I installed any...
  5. Control + Shift + T Issue.

Control + Shift + T Issue.: Whenever I use control + shift + t, it creates this trademark logo, ™. How do I disable it, I want to use that shortcut to reopen closed tabs on my browser. My laptop also has other weird hotkeys like control + shift + h creates a heart . I don't think I installed any...
  6. CONTROL SHIFT S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONTROL SHIFT S: I JUST TOOK LIKE 10 SCREENSHOTS WHERE ARE THEY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-shift-s/4c7a9200-9174-4f9c-9fbd-60225e59687c
  7. Control shift N not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control shift N not working: Since I installed avast antivirus ctrl+shift+n is not working in google chrome open new incognito tab nether in windows explorer. First in any program when I press ctrl+shift+n the avast secure browser opened, I removed the avast antivirus and the browser and now nothing...
  8. Caps Lock/Control Key Swap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps Lock/Control Key Swap: Some how my Caps Lock and Control Key have swapped and I'm struggling to find a solution while searching online. Not sure what would cause this outside of some random key combination. submitted by /u/luxveniae [link] [comments]...
  9. Control shift N not working

Control shift N not working: I want to be able to use Control shift N to create a new folder in Windows 10 on the desktop for instance. I know that that is one of the built-in shortcuts, but I can't get it to work. Maybe Control shift N got reassigned. Is there a place I can check that? I have...
  10. Removing windows Control-shift shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing windows Control-shift shortcut: Hello, I use Mathematica A LOT, and almost all the shortcuts involve a Ctrl + Shift combination. However, the windows shortcut to switch your keyboard layout is Ctrl + Shift, and I use multiple layouts but do not often switch between them (and cannot remove them for some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CTRL key swaped with shift