Windows 10: Shift and Windows Key Stuck On After Installing May 2019 Windows 10 Feature Update

Discus and support Shift and Windows Key Stuck On After Installing May 2019 Windows 10 Feature Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had all other available updates installed. I installed the latest Windows 10 Feature Update (think its called the May 2019 update) today and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Foster Coburn, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Shift and Windows Key Stuck On After Installing May 2019 Windows 10 Feature Update

I had all other available updates installed. I installed the latest Windows 10 Feature Update (think its called the May 2019 update) today and now I can't login. I'll give as much detail as possible as far as what I've tried and what has failed.

When the update was finished, I was asked to login. My password includes a lowercase letter and a number. Using a physical keyboard (Microsoft Keyboard 4000 ergonomic), there was no way whatsoever to type a lowercase letter. Shift did nothing. Caps Lock did nothing. Nor was there a way to type a number. I always got the symbol from the number key. The numeric keypad did nothing.

I tried the onscreen keyboard. It showed the Shift and Windows key activated. There was nothing to do to turn them off. Using Caps Lock on the OSK, I was able to type a lowercase letter. But there was still no way to type in a number. Sticky keys does nothing. Filter keys does nothing.

OK, the update screwed things up. So I went to Safe mode to uninstall the update. It asks for the password and I have no way to type it.

Note that I have booted without a keyboard attached. Even then the OSK shows the Shift and Windows key activated no matter what.

So how do I login to my computer?

:)

Foster Coburn, Apr 25, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Shift and Windows Key Stuck On After Installing May 2019 Windows 10 Feature Update

Delta6326, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Shift and Windows Key Stuck On After Installing May 2019 Windows 10 Feature Update

1. Shift and Windows Key Stuck On After Installing May 2019 Windows 10 Feature Update - Similar Threads - Shift Key Stuck

2. Windows 10 May 2019 Feature Update Failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2019 Feature Update Failing: I've been trying to install the May 2019 update on my Lenovo G50-45 laptop for about a month now and it always fails at 48%. I have used Windows Update, the Upgrade Adviser, and the Media Creation Tool, all with the same result. I have tried to do a clean boot, and have...
  3. May 2019 update for windows 10

May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  4. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019: This has been placed on my Windows update as an optional "install when you are ready" item, separate from regular windows updates. I will wait until it is officially issued on regular updates, due to the entire replacement of version 1809 and impact of the update. It takes a...
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019: This has been placed on my Windows update as an optional "install when you are ready" item, separate from regular windows updates. I will wait until it is officially issued on regular updates, due to the entire replacement of version 1809 and impact of the update. It takes a...
  6. May 2019 Feature Update

May 2019 Feature Update: Hello, What does this update consist of? im curious and want to know. Tyla T. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-feature-update/73c356b1-811b-42b7-a750-25c5362ff801
  7. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  8. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 update failed installing

Windows 10 May 2019 update failed installing: I was trying to update my pc and got a blue screen watchdog violation in the middle of this new update. My hardware is Ryzen 5 2600x with 4F Asus and 16GB RBG....
  10. Windows 10 May 2019 Update gets a new Windows Update feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update gets a new Windows Update feature: Windows 10 version 1903, which is scheduled to begin rolling out in late May 2019, will introduce an improved Windows Update settings page. In the latest build, Windows Update is getting a new option that will allow users to install cumulative and additional updates without...