Windows 10: Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

Discus and support Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently lost the ability to select text or cells by holding shift key and using arrow keys to highlight/select. I've checked scroll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben.Drake, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Ben.Drake Win User

Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

Hello, I've recently lost the ability to select text or cells by holding shift key and using arrow keys to highlight/select.

I've checked scroll lock, sticky keys and restarted a number of times. My shift and arrow keys work fine independently. Control + Arrow keys are working

fine.

Searched for a similar fix and have not come across anything that has worked... any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is a functionality I use every 5 seconds it seems (now that I am noticing its absence)!

Thanks in advance,

Ben

:)

Ben.Drake, Apr 15, 2019

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Apr 15, 2019
  3. RkKing Win User
    Shift Keys + Arrow key are not working properly

In my PC Left shift key+ Any Arrow key is not working. Which is used to select text. However, Right shift+left arrow is working. This all was working properly just before a few days. I am using
    windows 10. I have not enabled sticky keys or anything else other than normal settings. Please help.

RkKing, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

Ctrl+Shift+Arrow key combination doesn't work

Thanks Marvin,

The Scroll Lock function is OFF.

Ctrl+Arrow works as expected, jumping to the begining of the next word

Shift+Arrow works as expected, selecting the next character

Ctrl+Shift+Arrow does nothing at all

Regards

Hector

HectorCorazzini, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

1. Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working - Similar Threads - Shift Arrow Keys

2. Arrow Keys + Shift + Space Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arrow Keys + Shift + Space Does Not Work: This is probably not a bug. I play games left handed so arrow keys for movement but i can never jump while sprinting. i sometimes lose because of thatDoes anyone know how to fix this or something like that...
  3. Arrow Keys + Shift + Space Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arrow Keys + Shift + Space Does Not Work: This is probably not a bug. I play games left handed so arrow keys for movement but i can never jump while sprinting. i sometimes lose because of thatDoes anyone know how to fix this or something like that...
  4. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.: Randomly my Num Lock, Caps Lock, arrow keys, all the Function keys, and basically everything on the right side of my keyboard has stopped being detected on my computer. I thought it was a keyboard problem so I bought a new keyboard but it's still not working. I have tried...
  5. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  6. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  7. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

8. Arrow Keys Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow Keys Stopped Working: Yesterday the arrow keys on my computer worked perfectly. Today while using Excel, the arrow keys would not advance the active cell marker to the next cell, either up, down, left or right. I searched the net for a solution, but none of the answers matched either the MS...
  9. "shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions did not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions did not...: After installation of Windows 10 Pro v2004 Build v19041.450, 64-bit, "shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions did not work. Can anyone tell me what the problem is here and how to fix it?...
  10. Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning

Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning: Hello everyone, I have a problem that has been bothering me for long enough, and I need some help. I've tried everything and searched the web to fix this at 100% with no success. A week or 2 ago, I noticied that my 'Windows' Key wasn't responding, and same thing with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift select has stopped working