Windows 10: Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

Discus and support Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently lost the ability to select text or cells by holding shift key and using arrow keys to highlight/select. I've checked scroll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben.Drake, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:07 PM.

1. Ben.Drake Win User

Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

Hello, I've recently lost the ability to select text or cells by holding shift key and using arrow keys to highlight/select.

I've checked scroll lock, sticky keys and restarted a number of times. My shift and arrow keys work fine independently. Control + Arrow keys are working

fine.

Searched for a similar fix and have not come across anything that has worked... any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is a functionality I use every 5 seconds it seems (now that I am noticing its absence)!

Thanks in advance,

Ben

:)

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:22 PM
  3. RkKing Win User
    Shift Keys + Arrow key are not working properly

In my PC Left shift key+ Any Arrow key is not working. Which is used to select text. However, Right shift+left arrow is working. This all was working properly just before a few days. I am using
    windows 10. I have not enabled sticky keys or anything else other than normal settings. Please help.

4. Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

Ctrl+Shift+Arrow key combination doesn't work

Thanks Marvin,

The Scroll Lock function is OFF.

Ctrl+Arrow works as expected, jumping to the begining of the next word

Shift+Arrow works as expected, selecting the next character

Ctrl+Shift+Arrow does nothing at all

Regards

Hector

HectorCorazzini, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:22 PM
Thema:

Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

1. Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working - Similar Threads - Shift Arrow Keys

2. both shift keys not working - not sticky keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    both shift keys not working - not sticky keys: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got...
  3. shift + m key not working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shift + m key not working!: Hi. Recently my shift + 'm' key isn't working. I know for a fact it worked yesterday because I typed something using a capital m. I've restarted my computer. I've used other keyboards. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I'm not sure what else to do. Any help would...
  4. Function Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function Keys Not Working: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago on my Satellite A660 and my touch keys (illuminated buttons) (wifi, play\pause, volum) and function keys stopped working. This wasn't an issue until recently when my wifi turned off and can't be turned back on. Could you please...
  5. my shift keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    my shift keys are not working: my shift keys are not working so eg cannot use question mark and instead get _ . Just checked the key to the right of zero and if I press the shift key on that I get the interrogation mark. It seems that these two keys have swapped over and similarly if I press shift key...
  6. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...
  7. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...
  8. Function Keys not working

Function Keys not working: Hello, I have an HP laptop with windows 10, the function keys used to work normally until this morning they stopped (adjusting volume, adjusting brightness, etc..). The function keys are "enabled", but I can't find anything else in the settings that can allow me to use...
  9. Shift for selecting multiple Files not working

Shift for selecting multiple Files not working: First of all I would like to say how well laid out this forum is. Just joined and hope to find some solution to my problem. Windows 10 has many little problems, her are some with "Shift"! If I want to let's say select 10 Files in Windows File Manager and click on...
  10. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working: I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work. For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from...