Windows 10: Shift button on a laptop keyboard inserting "c" and more

Discus and support Shift button on a laptop keyboard inserting "c" and more in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, A few days ago I started getting issues with my laptop keyboard. When I press the left Shift button for 1 time I get the "c" letter. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WojciechBanas, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Shift button on a laptop keyboard inserting "c" and more

Hello all,

A few days ago I started getting issues with my laptop keyboard. When I press the left Shift button for 1 time I get the "c" letter. When I press and hold it (cccccccccccccccccCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC), it changes all my letters into capital letters, prevents me from using the windows button, inputs 12345 as corresponding !@#$%, when clicking on links it opens a new tabs etc (as if holding that shift was changing it into Caps Lock button but at the same time it has some functions of Shift but also inserts letter "c") . I tried troubleshooting, I tried reinstalling windows without deleting apps and WITH deleting my installed apps. Nothing seems to be working.

I would really appreciate any help with the issue.

Thanks!

:)

WojciechBanas, Aug 15, 2019
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Shift button keeps on beeping

I have tried the two steps but my SHIFT button still beeps. I have restarted my PC and the SHIFT button still beeps.

Stickifican, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Shift button on a laptop keyboard inserting "c" and more

shift button on keyboard

my shift button on my keyboard is not working all the other keys are fine just this one. can you help please.

Mary LizMac Neil, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Shift button on a laptop keyboard inserting "c" and more

1. Shift button on a laptop keyboard inserting "c" and more - Similar Threads - Shift button laptop

2. Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard: Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with the external keyboard.My sticky keys are turned on but still not workingi use Dell XPS 13, intel i7....
  3. Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard: Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with the external keyboard.My sticky keys are turned on but still not workingi use Dell XPS 13, intel i7....
  4. Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard: Hello All,New to the community so my apologies if this is not the correct category to be asking this.I have the Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse. All keys seem to work fine except when I do the combo of Shift+c - no capital c appears. All other letters and symbols appear....
  5. Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard: Hello All,New to the community so my apologies if this is not the correct category to be asking this.I have the Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse. All keys seem to work fine except when I do the combo of Shift+c - no capital c appears. All other letters and symbols appear....
  6. Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. my shift button in keyboard not working

my shift button in keyboard not working: Hello, shift button in my keyboard is not working.Please try to fix my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shift-button-in-keyboard-not-working/2ee82820-4f16-4146-8f1e-6a871b3e9220
  8. The m, c and shift keys on my laptop keyboard intermittently stop working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The m, c and shift keys on my laptop keyboard intermittently stop working.: The m, c and shift keys on my laptop keyboard intermittently stop working. This always happens when the computer starts up from being completely shut down or after it has been in sleep or hibernate mode. To make m, c and shift keys work again, I press the m and k keys at...
  9. Shift button acting weird

Shift button acting weird: If i press any button on the bottom row of the keyboard except the b and n buttons the shift key is on until i restart my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-button-acting-weird/657ed3b4-8e2e-4994-9903-963c0f60f662
  10. Touch keyboard button not launching on laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch keyboard button not launching on laptop: I am running Windows 10 on my laptop, and I have already enabled the Touch Keyboard on the task bar, but clicking the button does nothing. How can I fix this? 76833