Windows 10: Shift button stuck but sticky keys disabled

Discus and support Shift button stuck but sticky keys disabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a weird problem where the shift is sort of "stucked" and I have to click it once to release it. Changed keyboard - didn't help, checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Liargoff, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Liargoff Win User

Shift button stuck but sticky keys disabled

Hello,
    I have a weird problem where the shift is sort of "stucked" and I have to click it once to release it.
    Changed keyboard - didn't help, checked if sticky keys are on (not)

What else could cause this?

Thanks

:)

Liargoff, Mar 1, 2021
  2. edramx Win User

Disable sticky keys

Sticky keys were activated by mistake.

Press Shift 5 times to disable it is not working.

I can not log into my laptop with Windows 10

Please suggest another way

Thanks

edramx, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    sticky keys

Hi,

Sticky keys dialog box appears when you have press the Shift key five times continuously. It also lets you use the Shift, Ctrl, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. You can set up Sticky Keys from the Ease of Access Center on the Control
    Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Shift key five times.
    • Once the dialog box appear, click the Go to the Ease of Access Center to disable keyboard shortcut link.
    • It will open the Set up Sticky Notes window in the Control Panel.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times option.
    • You can also set the settings to your desired option.

After doing so, check if the same pop-up will appear while playing the game.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 1, 2021
  4. i'mFG Win User

shift sticky key disabled in browsers

i had to reset my pc. after reinstalling windows 10 and updating i can no longer use the shift sticky key in any browser. of course i need it because i'm disabled. is this a known issue-question mark

i'mFG, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Shift button stuck but sticky keys disabled - Similar Threads - Shift button stuck

2. Shift key stuck on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key stuck on: Had my laptop for a few years and never had any problems until now. Shift key turns itself on and I can only turn it off by restarting the laptop. Is there a quick fix for this? Fairly certain it’s not sticky keys...
  3. Shift key stuck on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key stuck on: Had my laptop for a few years and never had any problems until now. Shift key turns itself on and I can only turn it off by restarting the laptop. Is there a quick fix for this? Fairly certain it’s not sticky keys...
  4. Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got a...
  5. Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.

Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got a...
  6. Shift key stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key stuck.: Hello there is one thing driving me insane.. my computer is acting like my keyboard is holding shift so whenever i click a link it sends me to a new window and I can’t scroll either and when i type numbers it is just symbols !@#.. I’ve tried turning sticky keys off and...
  7. Shift key stuck.

Shift key stuck.: Hello there is one thing driving me insane.. my computer is acting like my keyboard is holding shift so whenever i click a link it sends me to a new window and I can’t scroll either and when i type numbers it is just symbols !@#.. I’ve tried turning sticky keys off and...
  8. Shift key stuck.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Stuck shift key, enter is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck shift key, enter is disabled: Trying to quickly enter "?" into a program using <shift+/><enter><enter> Works for about 10 lines, then the enter key is disabled and the shift key is locked. Sticky keys have been disabled in control panel. The only way I've found to fix is to restart the laptop. Is there...
  10. both shift keys not working - not sticky keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    both shift keys not working - not sticky keys: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift key pressed all the time