Windows 10: Shift click in navigation pane....?

Discus and support Shift click in navigation pane....? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there seriously no way to shift-click folders in the navigation pane and open a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Question Asker, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Shift click in navigation pane....?

Is there seriously no way to shift-click folders in the navigation pane and open a new window...?*Sick*Sick*Mad*Mad*Sick*Sick*Mad*Mad*Sick*Sick*Mad*Mad*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy

Is it just me or does Windows 10 have a more 'dumb' explorer? It somehow manages to end up having less power and functionality, even though we have so many new tabs. Which you can't even slide other folders into- they're just menu options.

:)

Question Asker, Dec 10, 2017

2. Power User Menu No Response

Navigate to C:\windows\system32. Find CMD. Right click it and run as administrator.

On boot hit shift +F10 to enter a command prompt>right click to run as admin

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 10, 2017
  3. How toget the full file path ALL the time, just not depending on how you get to the folder.

You have to perform the Shift+Right-click on a folder in the Navigation Pane or a file or folder in the right-hand pane. It sounds like you're right clicking in the Address Bar.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Dec 10, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Shift click in navigation pane....?

Right-click on a folder in the navigation pane in File Explorer and select 'Open in new window'.

5. I know you can do that, but is there a more convenient way than that?

I'm at a loss to understand why shift click does not do anything special.

Question Asker, Dec 10, 2017
  6. MrNeeds Win User
    It's control to open in a new window, just hold control and double click the folder you want to open, but the navigation pane is not able to use this feature.

MrNeeds, Dec 10, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Open them from Taskbar Jump Lists.

Shift click in navigation pane....? [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 10, 2017
  8. Shift click in navigation pane....?

Thanks, but I actually hate the taskbar pins. They feel really clumsy, probably not helped by the fact that WX deliberately slows the fade-in

Question Asker, Dec 11, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    I don't always like to push 3rd party software, but, this one is indispensable:

QTTabBar Tabbed Explorer and more!

Middle-click in navigation pane opens selection in a new window.

(providing you are able to simulate a 3 finger middle-click on your trackpad)

(Just a suggestion) *Wink

Shift click in navigation pane....? [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 11, 2017
  10. Thanks that's really neat.

Question Asker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Shift click in navigation pane....?

1. Shift click in navigation pane....? - Similar Threads - Shift click navigation

2. freeze navigation pane

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freeze navigation pane: Good morning I have a bug with the navigation pane. When I want to copy files between two windows next to each other. When I select my files on my windows and I hover the mouse over the navigation pane it crashes the windows explorer. I tried a scannow and error checking on...
  3. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  6. Navigation pane blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Navigation pane blank: Hey all, We have a user that is having an issue with her navigation pane when she saves attachments from Outlook. Whether she saves one or multiple attachments and the File Explorer window comes up to save the whole navigation pane is blank see picture. Any quick fixes?...
  7. Navigation pane Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Navigation pane Entry: I’m showing a listing ‘MININT-TGA-TGA1D1C’ in my navigation pane #1. Do any on this forum have any idea what this is all about? My 1st search of MININT came up with some thing related to the Cuban Ministry #2 screen. After using all letters in quotation marks I got the 3rd...
  8. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  9. Navigation Pane Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Blank: Hi guys, Got this weird issue that's started today, for some reason my navigation pane is blank.... [img] 38052
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888