Windows 10: Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard!

Discus and support Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Razer diagnosed a fault with my wired Huntsman Elite keyboard, no key press is recorded when pressing shift then f. It doesn't produce a capital 'f'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ImaginativeTruth, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard!

Razer diagnosed a fault with my wired Huntsman Elite keyboard, no key press is recorded when pressing shift then f. It doesn't produce a capital 'f'.

While awaiting a replacement, I am using a Lotigech wireless keyboard, and guess what, the same issue! Shift f wont create a capital 'f'.

I've tried sfc/scannow, keyboard troubleshooter, driver update/ install and am at a loss!

Any help to get my keyboards working?

Running on 19042.746

:)

ImaginativeTruth, Jan 20, 2021

2. Wireless keyboard not working

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if it works.

Apart from wireless keyboard, I would also suggest you to connect wired keyboard to the computer and check the status.

If issue still persists, try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Check in compatibility mode.

Download the keyboard drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed
      with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard!

Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

Hello. I am new here.

I had just bought a dell all-in-one computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. The computer is functioning properly. I also had a wireless Logitech wave keyboard and use it instead of the default keyboard that comes with the dell computer.

However, I am experiencing an annoyance that I can not press shift + F to get a capital letter F. I have to either CAPS LOCK or press the malfunctioning button and shift at the same time and then let go of the shift button to get a capital letter. I I am also getting the same problem with the letters D, J, C, and the plus sign. I can press shift and most of the other keyboard letters just fine. What it is going on? Is my Logitech keyboard defective? The keyboard was working fine with my older dell computer. *Huh

Thanks.

disman00911, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard!

1. Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard! - Similar Threads - Shift working wired

2. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  3. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  4. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  5. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  6. Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port: I've been having this problem now where a USB port doesn't work with my wireless keyboard and wired mouse, I can't do anything with computer hardware, so don't tell me to replace it or something, this USB port is on the right of the laptop, and the 'alternative' one I'm using...
  7. Wireless keyboard glitches but wired doesn't

Wireless keyboard glitches but wired doesn't: Hi, I recently got this issue where whenever I try to play games with my wireless keyboard, many times the last key I pressed remains pressed but not physically. Like if I press W key to move my in-game character it keeps moving even though I remove my hand. This issue...
  8. Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging

Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging: No idea how to even start checking what the issue is. When I start using my laptop Dell XPS 13 9310 in the morning - it works. But after some time something weird starts to happen. There is no CPU/Ram/anything spikes in the panels, no errors, no nothing. It's the latest...
  9. Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working

Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working: My wired Keyboard and mouse have stopped working and I have no idea why. I am using an HP 24 all in one PC. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working/71b9f286-b87b-4044-9884-2deb6481ddea
  10. SHIFT keyboard Not Working

SHIFT keyboard Not Working: Hy, I tried everything on Internet to Fix my SHIFT keyboard. i don't know why this issue. can anyone give me correct step https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-keyboard-not-working/43f44306-ee62-4d2f-b157-81b30230a260