Windows 10: shift key and spacebar only working sometimes.

Discus and support shift key and spacebar only working sometimes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my spacebar, shift, ctrl, and alt key wont work. It was normal before however turned on my laptop to these keys only working sometimes. My laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by blake_103, Dec 26, 2019.

1. blake_103 Win User

shift key and spacebar only working sometimes.

my spacebar, shift, ctrl, and alt key wont work. It was normal before however turned on my laptop to these keys only working sometimes. My laptop is the lenovo legion y520 15ikbn. windows 10. please help

:)

blake_103, Dec 26, 2019
  2. AJRich Win User

Windows Key + Spacebar not working

Kathleen

Tried using SFC as you suggested and it went through all the steps successfully, but Windows key + Spacebar still doesn't work.

Looked at the link you gave and I see that one of the posts with a similar problem was using an HP Pavilion - same as me.

But it was the keyboard shortcut was working till the upgrade.

I've not tried Andre's suggestion yet.

AJRich, Dec 26, 2019
  3. D_20 Win User
    Windows 10 : spacebar, shift-key, other-number-keys stops working.

Downloaded-windows10

spacebar-stopped-working

shift-key-stopped-working

other-number-keys-have-stopped-working.

how-can-this-be-fixed?

[Original title: --Windows10---]

4. shift key and spacebar only working sometimes.

spacebar not working after updates

I have the same problem after the Windows 10 update yesterday. Here's what I did to troubleshoot (to no avail):

• rebooted
    • used canned spray
    • pressed "shift" five times to make sure "sticky keys" was not enabled, it wasn't
    • enabled the OSK (onscreen keyboard) and the spacebar does work on it, just not on my laptop
    • pressed spacebar in several places, held it down,
    None of these "fixes" work. Short of getting a wireless keyboard, does anyone have a solution?

This is very frustrating.

AllyRoberts, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

shift key and spacebar only working sometimes.

1. shift key and spacebar only working sometimes. - Similar Threads - shift key spacebar

2. Both the shift keys not working sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both the shift keys not working sometimes: Product: HP Laptop Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11I've had this laptop for just under 3 years and both shift keys have been malfunctioning for a while now, entire keyboard works normally but those 2 sometimes just stop working for hours. I've tried checking, updating...
  3. Both the shift keys not working sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both the shift keys not working sometimes: Product: HP Laptop Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11I've had this laptop for just under 3 years and both shift keys have been malfunctioning for a while now, entire keyboard works normally but those 2 sometimes just stop working for hours. I've tried checking, updating...
  4. Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key: My shift key has magically ceased working for only the letter p on my keyboard works with all other letters and keys and I am not sure what happened. I initially assumed it was my cheap keyboard and bought a nice new one but I have run into the exact same problem since the...
  5. Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key

Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key: My shift key has magically ceased working for only the letter p on my keyboard works with all other letters and keys and I am not sure what happened. I initially assumed it was my cheap keyboard and bought a nice new one but I have run into the exact same problem since the...
  6. Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed: SummeryWhen using my normal function keys, the FN key MUST be pressed. This means when gaming, the FN key must be held at all times. Problem: When the FN key is pressed my spacebar does not work. When the FN key is not pressed, the spacebar works. No other key on my keyboard...
  7. Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed

Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed: SummeryWhen using my normal function keys, the FN key MUST be pressed. This means when gaming, the FN key must be held at all times. Problem: When the FN key is pressed my spacebar does not work. When the FN key is not pressed, the spacebar works. No other key on my keyboard...
  8. Spacebar and shift keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar and shift keys not working: Every so often, at least once a day, my spacebar will suddenly start turning down my volume, and my shift key will act as a backspace.If someone else tells me to "turn on/off sticky keys" or "check your accessibility settings" I will put them through a brick wall.There MUST...
  9. Spacebar and shift keys not working

Spacebar and shift keys not working: Every so often, at least once a day, my spacebar will suddenly start turning down my volume, and my shift key will act as a backspace.If someone else tells me to "turn on/off sticky keys" or "check your accessibility settings" I will put them through a brick wall.There MUST...
  10. Spacebar or Enter key is not working

in Windows 10 News
    Spacebar or Enter key is not working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Spacebar and Enter keys are used the most times, and they go unnoticed by anybody who is using a computer. We only realize the value of these unsung heroes of our daily computing when they stop working. It is an [...] This post Spacebar or Enter key is not...