Windows 10: Shift Key Changes Capitalization

Discus and support Shift Key Changes Capitalization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by soundsofscience, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if you press shift again. This is insanely irritating, because anytime you are using any keyboard shortcut or anything that requires the shift key, it changes the capitalization status of your words.

How do I turn off the ability of the shift key to change capitalization?

:)

soundsofscience, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Dasha Win User

Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals

I've been having this problem with my keyboard since yesterday I can use the shift key to type all letters in capital except for the letters ic...on After IC . The keys for those letters are working IC on icon, I Can Jump IC fine , but when i press shift to type them in capital, nothing happens. as if they are not working! But they are working because i can type perfectly fine when not using the shift key. it started this behavior after I changed My Cursor Pack and Downloaded some Windows Folder ICon's, Can somebody help Please? *Confused*Smile

Dasha, Mar 14, 2019
  3. MaciekSzn Win User
    Windows 10 - build 1803 - shift key changes caps of selected text

Hi,

After 1803 update shift key behavior changed.

When you have some text selected in some input box in Edge or other "modern" app, letters cases are changing in rotation: small - 1st capital - all capitals - all small. Tested with both physical & touch
    keyboard.

Potentially useful, but definitely not if you use shift + mouse of shift + arrow keys to select text.

If it's not a bug, but a new feature, would suggest to change it the way that caps changes only after say double shift press without any mouse or arrows (without selection changes).

If selection changes, caps remain unchanged.

Is there a way to disable it?

Cheers, Maciek

MaciekSzn, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

Shift + keys not working.

Hello,

I am having issues with my laptops keys. When I press shift 2, I get no @ symbol. Nothing at all, it's not giving me another symbol, just nothing. The 2 key works fine, if I hit shift 2 a bunch of times back and forth, sometimes it will give me an @
    symbol. Also like shift M will make a capital M, but shift W will not make a capital w. ( the right shift will not capitalize the W but the left one will. )but it will capitalize others. Neither of the shift keys will work to make like the @ symbol. But
    the 2 key works fine. I am sure this sounds confusing and trust me it is.. any ideas? It is set to us keyboard

Mattattoo6, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Shift Key Changes Capitalization

1. Shift Key Changes Capitalization - Similar Threads - Shift Key Changes

2. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  3. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  4. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!: Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work...
  6. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!: Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work...
  7. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter: I have been using my laptop for more than a year now with no issues, but now I am having this issue of the Shift+a not working. I have two keyboards that I have tried this on and have had the same result. I have also taken the steps to the shift key not working issue but have...
  9. Cant Type Capital F with Shift Key

Cant Type Capital F with Shift Key: On my laptop whenever I try to type a capital f with the shift key it doesn't type anything, I can use caps lock and can do f+shift+WindowsKey and it works, but i cant do shift+f, I have tried reinstalling keyboard drivers and I don't have another keyboard to test it, and I...
  10. Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals: I've been having this problem with my keyboard since yesterday I can use the shift key to type all letters in capital except for the letters ic...on After IC . The keys for those letters are working IC on icon, I Can Jump IC fine , but when i press shift to type them in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift key isnt capatalizing text