Windows 10: shift key deletes text and/or creates a string of symbols or opens another window entirely

Discus and support shift key deletes text and/or creates a string of symbols or opens another window entirely in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; whenever i press my left shift key, it either creates a string of symbols, deletes whatever i just typed, or toggles between tabs in chrome. the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MelissaGreen6, Apr 14, 2021.

1. shift key deletes text and/or creates a string of symbols or opens another window entirely

whenever i press my left shift key, it either creates a string of symbols, deletes whatever i just typed, or toggles between tabs in chrome. the right shift key will also delete whatever i just typed, go to the next line as if its the enter key, or turns on caps lock. i'm very confused and it's very frustrating. please help asap

:)

MelissaGreen6, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Ihsen Win User

How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows

There are few ways to type symbols in Windows 10.

1 - Search "charmap" in windows search to find symbols. Character Map app will appear with a list of symbols.

2 - Use ALT key code to type text symbols.

3 - You can find almost all text symbols here: Text symbols and special characters

Best of luck.

Ihsen, Apr 14, 2021
  3. how to assign a text string to a function key?

how to assign a text string to a function key?

DanielFortuna, Apr 14, 2021
  4. ct5098 Win User

shift key deletes text and/or creates a string of symbols or opens another window entirely

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

ct5098, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

shift key deletes text and/or creates a string of symbols or opens another window entirely

1. shift key deletes text and/or creates a string of symbols or opens another window entirely - Similar Threads - shift key deletes

2. Control Key Usage for Text String

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Key Usage for Text String: To set up a custom keyboard shortcut on Windows 11, please follow the steps below:> Open the Start menu and select the Settings app.> Click on the Time & language tab.> Select the Language & region navigation option.> Click the … button for your basic typing pack listed in...
  3. Control Key Usage for Text String

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Key Usage for Text String: To set up a custom keyboard shortcut on Windows 11, please follow the steps below:> Open the Start menu and select the Settings app.> Click on the Time & language tab.> Select the Language & region navigation option.> Click the … button for your basic typing pack listed in...
  4. how to assign a text string to a function key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to assign a text string to a function key?: how to assign a text string to a function key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-assign-a-text-string-to-a-function-key/b940af17-2c5f-4cb5-944e-257473da6a27
  5. WordPad not showing text or opens with weird symbols

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad not showing text or opens with weird symbols: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you open a document in WordPad in Windows 10 and see a set of weird symbols aka garbage text, then it’s probably because of the corrupted WordPad settings. In this post, we will show you can fix WordPad when [...] This post WordPad not showing text or...
  6. Deleting Lines in a Text File Given Strings From Another File Using Set-String (Powershell)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting Lines in a Text File Given Strings From Another File Using Set-String (Powershell): Basically what's happening is that I have two files, one with a list of allowed users and another list of users that are actually on the desktop. What I'm trying to do is use a for loop to grab each name in the AllowedUsers.txt file, and use Select-String to find any names...
  7. Delete the existing admin account and shifting to another account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete the existing admin account and shifting to another account: Hello, Recently I brought a new laptop. While creating the user account I logged in with my sister's account. Now I want to take that laptop and give my old laptop to her. So how can I change the new laptop with my account and change my old lap with her's. I want to delete...
  8. Looking for a Text to string application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a Text to string application: Hello I'm looking for an application or a web site that I will use to record good quality mp3 file from a string. Type a text and the output is a spoken mp3 file I was using few years ago AT&T application, but this site is down now Martin 26503
  9. Searching for documents with a specific text string

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for documents with a specific text string: In WinXP it was possible to search for documents that have a specific text string (meaning a phrase or a word) WITHIN them. In other words, you type in some word or phrase and the "find" function in XP turns up all the documents that contain it. Is it possible to do...
  10. Windows 10 string text search problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 string text search problem: I recently updated from 8.1 to 10 and discovered that windows stopped searching inside odt files, in content. It only search in file names. Earlier in 8.1 it worked perfectly fine. I tried to: rebuild index, made sure folder is indexed (it is, searching inside doc or rtf...