Windows 10: shift key making multiple duplicates - HELP ASAP

Discus and support shift key making multiple duplicates - HELP ASAP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i press the shift key, whatever is on my clipboard duplicates multiple times.i am using a new laptop and have tried a plug in keyboard which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CorrianCrooks, Jun 16, 2021.

1. shift key making multiple duplicates - HELP ASAP

when i press the shift key, whatever is on my clipboard duplicates multiple times.i am using a new laptop and have tried a plug in keyboard which is doing the same thing so it is not to do with the physical keyboard.it happens with both the left and right shift keys.sticky keys are OFFthe insert key [on both laptop keyboard and plugged in usb one] are offi have tried multiple restartsthis happens across all programs and in my design programs when using the shift key as a shortcut it will duplicate graphic elements that are on the clipboard, so it isn't just text clipboard items.windows may hav

:)

CorrianCrooks, Jun 16, 2021

2. Shift key to select multiple photos

I'm trying to select multiple photos with the shift key in windows 10. I check the photo and hold down the shift key while checking a photo maybe 10 photos away from the first. I'm expecting this to select all photos in between but it only selects first
    and last. My ctrl key works to select random photos but I would like the convenience of selecting large groups of photos. Why doesn't this work? In file explorer options I've unchecked box use check boxes to select items & applied and restarted (as suggested
    in other forums) but this still doesn't work. Any help greatly appreciated.

Treesawill, Jun 16, 2021
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jun 16, 2021
  4. shift key making multiple duplicates - HELP ASAP

Shift key is making noise and sticky keys is turned off

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you have issues with shift key. Let me assist you.

Please answer the following question for more clarity on the issue.

1. What is the make and model of your system?

2. Have you install all the updates?

3. Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

4. There are 2 shift keys on the keyboard, which key is making noise?

Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Run a hardware and device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad. Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

shift key making multiple duplicates - HELP ASAP

1. shift key making multiple duplicates - HELP ASAP - Similar Threads - shift key making

2. HELP ASAP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP ASAP: Soon as I set it up and restarted it I got the automatic repair message and I don’t have a back up so I can’t sign in I’m PISSED I NEED ANSWERES ASAP!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-asap/b9b23a23-0c06-4ada-97e7-2cf6f0d0ec7e
  3. HELP ASAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP ASAP: Soon as I set it up and restarted it I got the automatic repair message and I don’t have a back up so I can’t sign in I’m PISSED I NEED ANSWERES ASAP!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-asap/b9b23a23-0c06-4ada-97e7-2cf6f0d0ec7e
  4. HELP ASAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. shift key making a space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key making a space: So I came to my laptop compaq presario c504us and saw a transparent liquid probably water all over it. I turned it off after wiping the water off with my jacket sleeve i tried getting a paper towel to clean it, but someone said it was completely dry and i believed them......
  6. shift key making a space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shift key making a space: So I came to my laptop compaq presario c504us and saw a transparent liquid probably water all over it. I turned it off after wiping the water off with my jacket sleeve i tried getting a paper towel to clean it, but someone said it was completely dry and i believed them......
  7. Help ASAP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help ASAP: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HuberSch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjv0ab/help_asap/
  8. Need help Asap!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help Asap!: so i made a pretty stupid mistake recently, i opened dev manager and then updated all my usb hubs with a different type then after a few seconds later my keyboard and mouse stopped working but when i enter bios it works.... is there a way to reset my dev manager to default?...
  9. HeLP: Shift key not working - sort of....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HeLP: Shift key not working - sort of....: Hello friends, need some help. My shift key recently stopped working to capitalize some letters (e and f, specifically). It will also not work to create and underscore or plus symbol. I've read elsewhere about the shift key not working in these regards and have tried the...
  10. Help ASAP

in Windows 10 Support
    Help ASAP: Running Windows 10, pc specs are Msi gaming 970 board AMD FX-8350 CPU 1060 3gb GPU 500 EVGA White PSU 16gb DDR3 Ripjaws 2tb HDD Sandisk 120gb SSD A couple weeks ago my PC just wouldn't post. It turns on and all the RGB and Fans start spinning (even on GPU) however no image...