Windows 10: shift key problems with Windows 10

Discus and support shift key problems with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure why this problem persists after it seemed to go away?? Right now I can use the question mark and the shift key but just 3 hours ago when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by peterhofmann8, Feb 22, 2019.

1. shift key problems with Windows 10

Not sure why this problem persists after it seemed to go away?? Right now I can use the question mark and the shift key but just 3 hours ago when I was using this same computer I could not use any of the shift key functions to capitalize nor to get special key strokes. This is very annoying as I can never tell when this will happen: it seems to happen daily for the last two weeks where it goes back and forth after having been put to "sleep" mode and then re-awoken!!!!

Any idea what the problem is??? This does relate to my Word Press app. I know that this is not a windows app but it also happens with email where the shift key does not help select multiple items!!!!!!!!!!

:)

peterhofmann8, Feb 22, 2019
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Feb 22, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Feb 22, 2019
  4. shift key problems with Windows 10

Shift/ctrl key problem.

Hi Jovan,

The issue you're experiencing is probably due to incorrect settings. A Windows Ease of Access feature called
    Filter keys is an accessibility function that tells the keyboard to ignore repeated strokes. When this function is enabled, it ignores whatever key is pressed down or repeatedly pressed. To verify this, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Ease of Access.
    • Under Ease of Access Center, click on Change how your keyboard works.
    • Under Make it easier to type, click on Set up Filter keys.
    • The Turn on Filter Keys should not be checked, as well as
      Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds

We also suggest that you play around with the features and check which one works best for you. If the issue persists, let us know.

Patricia Yu, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

shift key problems with Windows 10

1. shift key problems with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - shift key problems

2. Shift 1 and shift 2 keys not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift 1 and shift 2 keys not working. Windows 10: Shift 1 and Shift 2 were working for a second after I reupdate the driver for keyboard and restarting. But a short while after restart, it's not working again, I tried other methods as well including Switch language preferences around, but none of those worked. All other...
  3. Shift 1 and shift 2 keys not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift 1 and shift 2 keys not working. Windows 10: Shift 1 and Shift 2 were working for a second after I reupdate the driver for keyboard and restarting. But a short while after restart, it's not working again, I tried other methods as well including Switch language preferences around, but none of those worked. All other...
  4. Shift 1 and shift 2 keys not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. shift key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shift key: hello everyone another problem so i was typing and cant use the shift key i have to long press it for it to work and the days go by when i press it doesnt hold it so i thought the actual key was broken so i tried the right one but still the same problem all the other keys...
  6. keyboard problem with shift key

keyboard problem with shift key: when ever I press left shift I get the a bracket like this instead of just helping with writing capital letters and when I press right shift the whole written text gets deleted , please help me out I have been trying to find a solution on the net but couldn't find one , I...
  7. shift key

shift key: For some reason, my shift key activates the window logo shortcuts. Then when I turn it off using win+alt, I'm unable to type. And when I'm playing a game and press shift, esc takes me to another tab. So far every solution I've found has not worked. I dont know why shift is...
  8. problem with Shift key

problem with Shift key: some of my keyboard keys are not working correctly, only when I use shift. Tried 3 different keyboards, all the same issue. but in bios setting working correctly I searched on the internet and I find the keyboard driver has an issue. I uninstall the driver many times and...
  9. Problem related to malfunctioning of shift keys

Problem related to malfunctioning of shift keys: The shift key is'nt working for some of the keys like zxcv and tags. One of my shift key the right one has also stopped working. the left key starts working fine while using sticky keys....
  10. Problem with my shift key

Problem with my shift key: Hey, I use a Lenovo Thinkpad E431plus the latest update of Windows 10 on it. I recently started having a problem with my shift key, it switches on and off on its own and most times it stays on even without me pressing the shift key. This prevents me from typing in my pin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. issue with intermittent failure of shift key ideapad windows 10

2. shift key problem in windows 10

3. keyboard shift wont work windows10

4. one shift key not working in windows 10,
  5. shift key trouble shooting,
  6. lenovo shift key not working