Windows 10: Shift Key - Straight Line

Discus and support Shift Key - Straight Line in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, What is the code in windows that allows users to draw a straight line while holding down the "Shift"key? I noticed some applications allows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Noble962002, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Shift Key - Straight Line

Hi,

What is the code in windows that allows users to draw a straight line while holding down the "Shift"key?

I noticed some applications allows the users to draw a horizontal and vertical straight line while others allow straight lines at 45 degree angles as well.

- Noble962002

:)

Noble962002, Jun 8, 2019
  2. pepanee Win User

Looking For A Very Simple Program To Create A Straight Line

So check this out. I want a very small and simple program that will create an on-screen (on this desktop monitor) a straight line with very simple steps.

1) I hold down a certain combo of keys (to not interfere with Microsoft Windows' intended single action keys, such as Ctrl by itself, or Alt by itself). So something like "Ctrl+Alt" then left click on a specific part on the screen to set the start location of the line.
    2) I can keep holding down Ctrl & Alt, then click somewhere else on the screen, then a straight line would be made.
    3) This line would stay on the screen until, let's say, I click on it to delete it.
    4) Let's say that there's more advanced options to set the line's color, thickness, etc.

Example:
    I want to draw temporary straight lines on a Google Chrome window.

Is there any program as such? *Smile

pepanee, Jun 8, 2019
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jun 8, 2019
  4. KatJB Win User

Shift Key - Straight Line

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Shift Key - Straight Line

1. Shift Key - Straight Line - Similar Threads - Shift Key Straight

2. shift key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shift key: hello everyone another problem so i was typing and cant use the shift key i have to long press it for it to work and the days go by when i press it doesnt hold it so i thought the actual key was broken so i tried the right one but still the same problem all the other keys...
  3. I can only draw straight lines

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can only draw straight lines: As the title says I can only draw straight lines. No matter where I am on paint or if I’m playing a game that involves drawing. The only way I don’t is when I move my mouse super fast. Any ideas or suggestion on how to fix this. submitted by /u/IrksomeOffensive [link]...
  4. Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool?: I'm trying to snip something that's shaped like a hexagon and it's pretty much impossible to keep a straight line with my mouse to snip it and still look good. I've searched all over and can't find an answer anywhere. I hope this is allowed here, I can remove it if it's not...
  5. shift key

shift key: For some reason, my shift key activates the window logo shortcuts. Then when I turn it off using win+alt, I'm unable to type. And when I'm playing a game and press shift, esc takes me to another tab. So far every solution I've found has not worked. I dont know why shift is...
  6. App to draw straight lines over Photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App to draw straight lines over Photo: Hello, I am looking for an app for windows 10 that I can draw straight lines over a photo. I would love the ability to connect lines and edit each line after created. I have an app for iPhone that does this called 6f-markup but I cannot find anything for windows 10. If anyone...
  7. How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool?

How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool?: There was no posting option for the snipping tool so I posted the closest possible. I don't think I need to click the snip tool icon to open Paint to get a straight highlight line? I grab a screen shot with the snip tool. I choose the highlight tool but, unlike Word, the...
  8. Looking For A Very Simple Program To Create A Straight Line

Looking For A Very Simple Program To Create A Straight Line: So check this out. I want a very small and simple program that will create an on-screen (on this desktop monitor) a straight line with very simple steps. 1) I hold down a certain combo of keys (to not interfere with Microsoft Windows' intended single action keys, such as...
  9. Mouse cannot straight line anymore (picture xplains)

Mouse cannot straight line anymore (picture xplains): Hello, My mouse is rather fokked, but in quite a subtle way; you see, since yesterday-ish, myself/my computer just can not figure out how to mouse. I like to play games, but this oh-so-subtle fokkery has got me on the ropes in terms of not losing my mind midprocess....
  10. Shift key

Shift key: Hi folks> right now my keybord is printing all capitals unless I depress the shift key> I know there is a way to switch it back, but I don't know where to find it. 104384