Windows 10: Shift key stuck after normal shutdown

Discus and support Shift key stuck after normal shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If I start my Acer laptop after a normal shutdown through the power menu, then both the real and virtual keyboard shift keys are "stuck" in the on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rvn.in.nederland, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Shift key stuck after normal shutdown

If I start my Acer laptop after a normal shutdown through the power menu, then both the real and virtual keyboard shift keys are "stuck" in the on position. pressing them will not change this. Numbers on the top row are inaccessible. Rebooting solves the problem but only until the next shutdown/startup. Accessibility options are off. Problem occurred first on 21 March 2022 at around 8:15 AM Amsterdam time.

:)

rvn.in.nederland, Mar 26, 2022

2. shift key acting like it's stuck, ctrl and num keys don't work

Hi janieneh,

There's a possibility that the keyboard issue that you're experiencing may be due to having an outdated driver or could be a software conflict. However, there's also a chance that sticky keys may have been enabled on your laptop. Before we try to troubleshoot
    the software side, please try the following workarounds and see if one on the list addresses the problem:

• Turning off Sticky Keys.
      • If this feature is turned on, then have it turned off. Just navigate to
        Settings > Ease of access > Keyboard > Sticky Keys
        , then toggle it
        Off
    • Holding down both Shift keys.
      • Press and hold down both Shift keys at the same time for 4 to 5 seconds.
    • Perform full shutdown
      • To perform a full shutdown, click the Windows key > Power Icon > Shutdown. Once computer is off, press the power button to boot it up.
    Please let me know if the issue persists after performing the steps above by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 26, 2022
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Mar 26, 2022
  4. Shift key stuck after normal shutdown

Shift key problem

Caps lock is not on and shift key is not stuck . Problem is that after pressing shift key only first letter i press is capital after it is back to normal.

Ashutosh Palania, Mar 26, 2022
Thema:

Shift key stuck after normal shutdown

1. Shift key stuck after normal shutdown - Similar Threads - Shift key stuck

2. Shift key stuck on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key stuck on: Had my laptop for a few years and never had any problems until now. Shift key turns itself on and I can only turn it off by restarting the laptop. Is there a quick fix for this? Fairly certain it’s not sticky keys...
  3. Shift key stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key stuck.: Hello there is one thing driving me insane.. my computer is acting like my keyboard is holding shift so whenever i click a link it sends me to a new window and I can’t scroll either and when i type numbers it is just symbols !@#.. I’ve tried turning sticky keys off and...
  4. Shift key stuck.

Shift key stuck.: Hello there is one thing driving me insane.. my computer is acting like my keyboard is holding shift so whenever i click a link it sends me to a new window and I can’t scroll either and when i type numbers it is just symbols !@#.. I’ve tried turning sticky keys off and...
  5. Shift key stuck.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Shift key stuck after normal shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key stuck after normal shutdown: If I start my Acer laptop after a normal shutdown through the power menu, then both the real and virtual keyboard shift keys are "stuck" in the on position. pressing them will not change this. Numbers on the top row are inaccessible. Rebooting solves the problem but only...
  7. Shift key stuck after normal shutdown

Shift key stuck after normal shutdown: If I start my Acer laptop after a normal shutdown through the power menu, then both the real and virtual keyboard shift keys are "stuck" in the on position. pressing them will not change this. Numbers on the top row are inaccessible. Rebooting solves the problem but only...
  8. Shift key stuck after nbormal shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key stuck after nbormal shutdown: If I start my Acer laptop after a normal shutdown through the power menu, then both the real and virtual keyboard shift keys are "stuck" in the on position. pressing them will not change this. Numbers on the top row are inaccessible. Rebooting solves the problem but only...
  9. Shift key stuck after nbormal shutdown

Shift key stuck after nbormal shutdown: If I start my Acer laptop after a normal shutdown through the power menu, then both the real and virtual keyboard shift keys are "stuck" in the on position. pressing them will not change this. Numbers on the top row are inaccessible. Rebooting solves the problem but only...
  10. Shift key stuck after nbormal shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance