Windows 10: shift key

Discus and support shift key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason, my shift key activates the window logo shortcuts. Then when I turn it off using win+alt, I'm unable to type. And when I'm playing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kik5, Jun 8, 2020.

1. kik5 Win User

shift key

For some reason, my shift key activates the window logo shortcuts. Then when I turn it off using win+alt, I'm unable to type. And when I'm playing a game and press shift, esc takes me to another tab. So far every solution I've found has not worked. I dont know why shift is making this happen. It's been going on for a few weeks.

:)

kik5, Jun 8, 2020
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jun 8, 2020
  3. KatJB Win User
    shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Jun 8, 2020
  4. shift key

Shift/ctrl key problem.

Hi Jovan,

The issue you're experiencing is probably due to incorrect settings. A Windows Ease of Access feature called
    Filter keys is an accessibility function that tells the keyboard to ignore repeated strokes. When this function is enabled, it ignores whatever key is pressed down or repeatedly pressed. To verify this, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Ease of Access.
    • Under Ease of Access Center, click on Change how your keyboard works.
    • Under Make it easier to type, click on Set up Filter keys.
    • The Turn on Filter Keys should not be checked, as well as
      Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds

We also suggest that you play around with the features and check which one works best for you. If the issue persists, let us know.

Patricia Yu, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

shift key

1. shift key - Similar Threads - shift key

2. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  3. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  4. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case: An earlier closed discussion of this problem reached no solution.Situation: Windows 10 Home Asus Zenbook Flip 15Problem: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case; it produces nothing, not even a space The problem occurs with either SHIFT key All other capital letters print...
  6. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case: An earlier closed discussion of this problem reached no solution.Situation: Windows 10 Home Asus Zenbook Flip 15Problem: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case; it produces nothing, not even a space The problem occurs with either SHIFT key All other capital letters print...
  7. Both of my shift keys are not working. How to fix them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both of my shift keys are not working. How to fix them?: It's not a hardware issue as whenever I restart my pc they start working again but only for some time then they stop working again. They work perfectly for some time after pc restart, but then stop working all together. I've tried reinstalling/updating drivers, turning...
  8. Both of my shift keys are not working. How to fix them?

Both of my shift keys are not working. How to fix them?: It's not a hardware issue as whenever I restart my pc they start working again but only for some time then they stop working again. They work perfectly for some time after pc restart, but then stop working all together. I've tried reinstalling/updating drivers, turning...
  9. Unable to put accent on vowels written via shift key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to put accent on vowels written via shift key: Hi, I am using German keyboard layout for day-to-day tasks and I am unable to put accents on vowels written while shift is pressed.I was able to write them previously but I just recently noticed that I am not able to.How to replicate the issue: 1 Use German keyboard layout2...
  10. Unable to put accent on vowels written via shift key

Unable to put accent on vowels written via shift key: Hi, I am using German keyboard layout for day-to-day tasks and I am unable to put accents on vowels written while shift is pressed.I was able to write them previously but I just recently noticed that I am not able to.How to replicate the issue: 1 Use German keyboard layout2...