Windows 10: Shift key

Discus and support Shift key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks> right now my keybord is printing all capitals unless I depress the shift key> I know there is a way to switch it back, but I don't know where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Powell Lucas, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Shift key

Hi folks> right now my keybord is printing all capitals unless I depress the shift key> I know there is a way to switch it back, but I don't know where to find it.

:)

Powell Lucas, Feb 14, 2018

2. shift key not working

the shift key as stopped working. I tried a lot of what I can find in the internet (sticky key, driver, hit 5 or 7 or 9 time the shift key) with not success. can anyone help. running windows 10. If I try another keyboard it work, as anyone ever heard
    of just the shift key stop working.

AlainDemers1, Feb 14, 2018
  3. KatJB Win User
    shift keys not working

I rarely use this laptop and it's not that old so I don't see how it could be the keyboard. With all the other postings about keyboard issues I would think maybe the Windows 10 upgrade is the problem because it worked fine before I downloaded that. My
    on screen keyboard works fine as well as the one I plugged in so I guess I need to take it back to where I bought it and see what they say. Thank you for your time.

KatJB, Feb 14, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Shift key

Sounds to me like the Caps Lock key is stuck.

Berton, Feb 14, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    You may have accidentally turned Caps Lock on. Press the Caps Lock key again to turn it off.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Shift key

1. Shift key - Similar Threads - Shift key

2. Windows and shift key have a weird behaviour.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and shift key have a weird behaviour.: When I click the Windows key on my keyboard nothing happens, when I do it twice, Start shows.When I click the Shift key, it holds until I click another key on my keyboard.What's going on? It's really frustrating because I'm not used to that and I not like it.Thank you in...
  3. Windows and shift key have a weird behaviour.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows and shift key have a weird behaviour.: When I click the Windows key on my keyboard nothing happens, when I do it twice, Start shows.When I click the Shift key, it holds until I click another key on my keyboard.What's going on? It's really frustrating because I'm not used to that and I not like it.Thank you in...
  4. Shift Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  5. Shift Key Issue

Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  6. Shift key stuck on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key stuck on: Had my laptop for a few years and never had any problems until now. Shift key turns itself on and I can only turn it off by restarting the laptop. Is there a quick fix for this? Fairly certain it’s not sticky keys...
  7. my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...: laptop is only two years old but the shift key now comes on without me pressing it and i cannot get rid of it without restarting my laptop is there a quick fix as i am pretty sure its not the fault of sticky keys...
  8. Shift key stuck on

Shift key stuck on: Had my laptop for a few years and never had any problems until now. Shift key turns itself on and I can only turn it off by restarting the laptop. Is there a quick fix for this? Fairly certain it’s not sticky keys...
  9. my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...

my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...: laptop is only two years old but the shift key now comes on without me pressing it and i cannot get rid of it without restarting my laptop is there a quick fix as i am pretty sure its not the fault of sticky keys...
  10. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...