Windows 10: SHIFT keyboard Not Working

Discus and support SHIFT keyboard Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hy, I tried everything on Internet to Fix my SHIFT keyboard. i don't know why this issue. can anyone give me correct step... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RahmadAlamsyah, Jan 24, 2020.

1. SHIFT keyboard Not Working

Hy,

I tried everything on Internet to Fix my SHIFT keyboard. i don't know why this issue.

can anyone give me correct step

:)

RahmadAlamsyah, Jan 24, 2020
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Shift + i doesn't work, Win10

Hi MartinSöderstjerna,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forum.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Which application you are using while using ‘Shift+I’?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Using
    On-Screen

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Tap on Ease of access > select keyboard from the left pane.
    3. Turn on ‘On-Screen’ keyboard.
    Open notepad or WordPad and check if you can use ‘Shift+I’ using On-Screen keyboard.

Follow the same steps and Turn off the slider for ‘Sticky keys’
    from settings.

Method 2: Keyboard filters.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Click on Turn Windows feature on or off.
    4. Search for Device Lockdown > uncheck Keyboard Filter.
    5. Restart the computer and check if it works.

Method 3: Create a local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption that would have occurred due to number of reasons. So I would suggest you to
    Create a local user or administrator
    account
    and check if the issue persists.

For more information about keyboard, you can go through the Microsoft article on
    Using your keyboard.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

SHIFT keyboard Not Working

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

SHIFT keyboard Not Working

1. SHIFT keyboard Not Working - Similar Threads - SHIFT keyboard Working

2. keyboard shift key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard shift key not working: Both of my shift key is not working. Im using Windows 10. Need to use it please help.Thanks,Deoti S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shift-key-not-working/24f02f6a-8980-4fbd-84e1-503efc345dbe
  3. keyboard shift key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard shift key not working: Both of my shift key is not working. Im using Windows 10. Need to use it please help.Thanks,Deoti S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shift-key-not-working/24f02f6a-8980-4fbd-84e1-503efc345dbe
  4. keyboard shift key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working: I've been using Windows 10 at home for a couple years. I use numerous keyboard combinations that involve CTRL+SHIFT. For example: CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste text without formattingCTRL+SHIFT+T to reopen a closed tab in Google ChromeCTRL+SHIFT+E to export photos in Adobe Lightroom...
  6. CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working

CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working: I've been using Windows 10 at home for a couple years. I use numerous keyboard combinations that involve CTRL+SHIFT. For example: CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste text without formattingCTRL+SHIFT+T to reopen a closed tab in Google ChromeCTRL+SHIFT+E to export photos in Adobe Lightroom...
  7. Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard

Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard: Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with the external keyboard.My sticky keys are turned on but still not workingi use Dell XPS 13, intel i7....
  8. Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with external keyboard: Shift key not working on laptop keyboard but working with the external keyboard.My sticky keys are turned on but still not workingi use Dell XPS 13, intel i7....
  9. Keyboard some of key is not working with shift.

Keyboard some of key is not working with shift.: Recently,i installed the windows update after which my laptop keyword keys stop working with shift key.keys like l,k,j,a,s,d,','.>< stop working with shift key but they working perfectly with caps lock....
  10. KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working)

KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working): All the function keys are not working .It is happening since a month that laptop keyboard keys are not working.External keyboard when connected works good...