Windows 10: Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 HP elitebook

Discus and support Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 HP elitebook in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My shift keys are not behaving as expected. Please find following concerns. When press right shift key then prints q character. When press left shift... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Isuru UdeshHettiarachchi, May 12, 2020.

1. Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 HP elitebook

My shift keys are not behaving as expected. Please find following concerns.

• When press right shift key then prints q character.
    • When press left shift key then prints z character
    • When i need to print A it prints as qA

I didn't change any settings or configurations.

Can anyone suggest to solve this issue. I'm helpless right now.

:)

Isuru UdeshHettiarachchi, May 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

HP announces new EliteBook 800 Series and ZBooks powered by Windows 10

Source: HP announces new EliteBook 800 Series and ZBooks for the modern workforce, powered by Windows 10 - Windows For Your Business

Brink, May 12, 2020
  3. Make a shift key behave like an arrow key

I have a Windows 10 laptop with a keyboard designed by idiots. They tried to cram the arrow keys where they don't belong, with the result that the up arrow key is between the right shift key and the / key (US keyboard layout). This is one of the stupidest things the designers could have done, because it means that when I go to hit the right shift key (which is most of the time), I end up hitting up arrow instead. This is incredibly annoying.

I found a program called Sharp Keys which allows me to remap the keys such that the up arrow behaves as shift and the right shift behaves as up arrow. Now, at least I can type. However, I've now lost important functionality for the up arrow key. Up arrow (now labeled "shift" on my keyboard) doesn't repeat. So, I can't just hold the key down to move up. Instead, I have to hit the key repeatedly. How can I fix this, so my right shift key behaves like up arrow and my up arrow key behaves like right shift?

EDIT

Following a suggestion from the comments, I installed AutoHotkey. I have the following script:

I have the same problem as earlier. But, since AHK is a scripting language, is it possible to use it to change the repeat behavior?

Scott Severance, May 12, 2020
  4. swinster Win User

Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 HP elitebook

Corruption of display, Windows 10 Insider 17063, HP EliteBook G3 1040

Step 7:

Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10  HP elitebook [​IMG]

8:

9a:

9b:

10:

11: Your link is incorrect, I should simply be Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

12:
    HPELITEBOOK-06_01_2018_174834_78.zip

13:
    No devices with warinings
    13a:
    Remember, I have now re-enable this driver and all is functional

14:

15:

Last point of note. I re-ran the UEFI on board diagnostics over night, all System tests, Exhaustive, this completed 15 time with no errors.

swinster, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 HP elitebook

1. Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 HP elitebook - Similar Threads - Shift keys behave

2. Enter key behaves like shift+enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter key behaves like shift+enter: When doing anything, like typing in Word or typing into the Google search bar, my Enter key doesn't do what it normally would do, like creating a new paragraph in Word or searching in Google. Instead, it acts like shift+enter. This also happens with the on-screen keyboard....
  3. Enter key behaves like shift+enter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter key behaves like shift+enter: When doing anything, like typing in Word or typing into the Google search bar, my Enter key doesn't do what it normally would do, like creating a new paragraph in Word or searching in Google. Instead, it acts like shift+enter. This also happens with the on-screen keyboard....
  4. Keys zxcty not working in W10 on HP elitebook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys zxcty not working in W10 on HP elitebook?: Hello!The keys zxcty have stopped working on my physical keyboard. Virtual keyboard is fine as is external keyboard. Does not seem to be any damage to keyboard. Have tried uninstalling drivers etc. Any ideas?Best, Julian...
  5. Task Scheduler not behaving as expected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler not behaving as expected: That is – not as I expect it to. Maybe it’s meant to work this way, but it seems mighty odd to me – I am almost tempted to report it as a bug, but...OK, so I created a task with the following settings:Run at 00:15 every day, and repeat every 15 minutes for a period of 1...
  6. Shift + numberic keys not giving expected results sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift + numberic keys not giving expected results sometimes: When I press Shift + 2, Shift + 5, shift + - and shift + = instead of getting @, % , _ and + I am getting some strange symbols. This happens in text boxes etc but when I try same on browser search bar or notepad I am getting the expected output. Please...
  7. Shift keys not behave as expected in window10 HP elitebook

Shift keys not behave as expected in window10 HP elitebook: My shift keys are not behaving as expected. Please find following concerns. When press right shift key then prints q character. When press left shift key then prints z character When i need to print A it prints as qA I didn't change any settings or configurations. Can...
  8. Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys

Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys: Hi, I just recently updated my Windows 10 OS to Windows 10 version 1903 OS Build 18362.778. The shift keys are not giving me the expected results when I use them with the following keys: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 0. They return all the expected results on all the other keys,...
  9. Alt and shift keys suddenly behaving weirdly

Alt and shift keys suddenly behaving weirdly: Hi, I have two issues that seem linked, though I can't say exactly how 1 When using "Left Alt+number from number pad + release alt" to enter a special character, only the last digit of the number is taken into account. For instance, if I press Alt+247, hoping to get an...
  10. Left Shift Behaving Strangely

Left Shift Behaving Strangely: hi, I have a Asus VivoBook s15 510UA that i purchased 7 months back. But from the last 1 week i am having a really strange issue with my K/B. let me explain this a bit. this Laptop doesn't have any number pad/ numeric key set. So when i am talking about number keys i am...