Windows 10: Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys

Discus and support Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently updated my Windows 10 OS to Windows 10 version 1903 OS Build 18362.778. The shift keys are not giving me the expected results when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jizewggaz, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Jizewggaz Win User

Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys

Hi, I just recently updated my Windows 10 OS to Windows 10 version 1903 OS Build 18362.778. The shift keys are not giving me the expected results when I use them with the following keys: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 0. They return all the expected results on all the other keys, it's just the specific numerical keys listed. The 1, 9, and 0 keys are also taking multiple key strokes in order to display text on the screen, but that is a new development, just noticed it, in fact, so I don't know if that is not just a short term problem that will go away, but the problem I've been having with the shift keys has been going on for a week or so, about the same amount of time since I ran the update. Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike

:)

Jizewggaz, Apr 29, 2020
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1.
    However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work.
    For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from selected document text also Ctrl+Shift+ should magnify page, etc but do not work.
    The Ctrl key, Shift key and function keys work normally individually but not in a combination.
    I would welcome any guidance.
    Thanks.

un1corn Guest, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys

Shift/ctrl key problem.

Hi Jovan,

The issue you're experiencing is probably due to incorrect settings. A Windows Ease of Access feature called
    Filter keys is an accessibility function that tells the keyboard to ignore repeated strokes. When this function is enabled, it ignores whatever key is pressed down or repeatedly pressed. To verify this, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Ease of Access.
    • Under Ease of Access Center, click on Change how your keyboard works.
    • Under Make it easier to type, click on Set up Filter keys.
    • The Turn on Filter Keys should not be checked, as well as
      Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds

We also suggest that you play around with the features and check which one works best for you. If the issue persists, let us know.

Patricia Yu, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys

1. Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys - Similar Threads - Shift Keys Performing

2. My shift key is not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shift key is not functioning correctly: My shift keys been acting up recently, I am not sure how to explain in but i attached a video to demonstrate what is happening. I have already disabled sticky keys and all the other keys. https://gyazo.com/21aca3d8d14001c664dfdaaa9d5cfc4eWhile testing the shift keys, i hold...
  3. My shift key is not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My shift key is not functioning correctly: My shift keys been acting up recently, I am not sure how to explain in but i attached a video to demonstrate what is happening. I have already disabled sticky keys and all the other keys. https://gyazo.com/21aca3d8d14001c664dfdaaa9d5cfc4eWhile testing the shift keys, i hold...
  4. My shift key is not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shift key isn't working with certain keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift key isn't working with certain keys: Today when i turned on my laptop and went to write an essay, i noticed that certain keys don't work with the shift key. i don't have sticky keys on, but when i do turn that on these keys work just fine. The keys that the shift key doesn't work on includes c, e, i, m, o, p, q,...
  6. Function Keys - Performing incorrect functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys - Performing incorrect functions: Hello My function keys are not performing the functions that it is stated they are supposed to perform. For example, F1, F2, and F£ do not control the volume. Instead F9 increases volume, and F8 reduces volume. F11 which is apparently to control screen brightness is now...
  7. Shift + numberic keys not giving expected results sometimes

Shift + numberic keys not giving expected results sometimes: When I press Shift + 2, Shift + 5, shift + - and shift + = instead of getting @, % , _ and + I am getting some strange symbols. This happens in text boxes etc but when I try same on browser search bar or notepad I am getting the expected output. Please...
  8. Certain keys do odd functions???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain keys do odd functions???: I have a Windows 10 Lenovo gaming laptop. Before, when I used to press Fn and left or right arrow, I could turn volume up or down. Now nothing happens. Also, at least F1, F2, F3, and F12 all cause my laptop to go to sleeping mode. Before this of course did not happen. This...
  9. Shift keys not behave as expected in window10 HP elitebook

Shift keys not behave as expected in window10 HP elitebook: My shift keys are not behaving as expected. Please find following concerns. When press right shift key then prints q character. When press left shift key then prints z character When i need to print A it prints as qA I didn't change any settings or configurations. Can...
  10. Function keys performing the wrong function

in Windows 10 Support
    Function keys performing the wrong function: So my computer works fine, but for some reason the function keys were switched up. When I'm on the desktop, they don't do anything at all, and when I'm in Google Chrome they do things that aren't related to what they're supposed to do. F1 used to mute/unmute, now it opens...