Windows 10: shift lock

Discus and support shift lock in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my caps lock and shift keys are no longer functioning, can anyone help with that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WJR, Feb 13, 2019.

1. WJR
    WJR Win User

shift lock

my caps lock and shift keys are no longer functioning, can anyone help with that

:)

2. P4-630 Win User

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Win 10 lock-up problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2019
  4. shift lock

Black Lock Screen

Hi Eugen,

As you have already tried to update the driver and changed the settings, I suggest you perform a startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

shift lock

1. shift lock - Similar Threads - shift lock

2. Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?: Het is een HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanneer-ik-mijn-shift-lock-aan-doe-komt-er-een/46611784-cc43-4024-9936-2344180437d6
  3. Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?: Het is een HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanneer-ik-mijn-shift-lock-aan-doe-komt-er-een/46611784-cc43-4024-9936-2344180437d6
  4. How to disable left shift key toggling fn lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable left shift key toggling fn lock: My left shift key keeps toggling my fn lock on and off. Does anyone know how to disable the shift key from doing this?My left arrow key also keeps highlighting text to the left of the cursor whenever I use it as opposed to just moving the cursor to the left. Does anyone know...
  5. How to disable left shift key toggling fn lock

How to disable left shift key toggling fn lock: My left shift key keeps toggling my fn lock on and off. Does anyone know how to disable the shift key from doing this?My left arrow key also keeps highlighting text to the left of the cursor whenever I use it as opposed to just moving the cursor to the left. Does anyone know...
  6. Keyboard not typing certain letters and shift lock going crazy

Keyboard not typing certain letters and shift lock going crazy: I dont know what happened, but all of a sudden I noticed that my Z key on my asus laptop would not work unless another key was being pressed down. Then I noticed it was the same for the R, I and U keys as well as the right arrow key. Then when I pressed shift lock on accident...
  7. Keyboard not typing certain letters and shift lock going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not typing certain letters and shift lock going crazy: I dont know what happened, but all of a sudden I noticed that my Z key on my asus laptop would not work unless another key was being pressed down. Then I noticed it was the same for the R, I and U keys as well as the right arrow key. Then when I pressed shift lock on accident...
  8. Keyboard not typing certain letters and shift lock going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Dell with Windows 10 is locked on Screensaver. NumLock Enter no go. Shift button pressed...

Dell with Windows 10 is locked on Screensaver. NumLock Enter no go. Shift button pressed...: Locked up. Cursor moves shakily. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-with-windows-10-is-locked-on-screensaver/c3e88b60-3d86-472d-a054-eb13a579a934
  10. Dell with Windows 10 is locked on Screensaver. NumLock Enter no go. Shift button pressed...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell with Windows 10 is locked on Screensaver. NumLock Enter no go. Shift button pressed...: Locked up. Cursor moves shakily. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-with-windows-10-is-locked-on-screensaver/c3e88b60-3d86-472d-a054-eb13a579a934