Windows 10: Shift not woking with individual letters

Discus and support Shift not woking with individual letters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i am having some issues with my keyboard. when i try to capitalise certain letters by holding shift nothing happens. while i can capitalise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamWent, Jun 4, 2020.

1. SamWent Win User

Shift not woking with individual letters

Hello, i am having some issues with my keyboard. when i try to capitalise certain letters by holding shift nothing happens. while i can capitalise certain letters whileholding shift eg S or H some such as u or i nothing happens when i hold the shift key and that letter. As i said earlier the shift key is working with some letter and i can type these letters in lower case when i don't hold the shift key.

i have looked online for a solution and i have tried.

- checking to see if sticky keys was on it was not

- updating the keyboard drivers

- reinstalling the keyboard via device manager

- updating windows

- troubleshooting the keyboard via settings

and none of these have worked. Please help.

:)

SamWent, Jun 4, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to use Shift + C key, to type C letter in upper case.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Does this issue occurs on using both the shift keys?
    • Did you check if this issue occurs using and external keyboard? To eliminate hardware issue.
    • Are you aware of any changed on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows + I to launch Windows
      Settings
    2. Click on Updates & Security and select
      Troubleshooter from the left pane
    3. Select Keyboard and click on
      Run the troubleshooter

4. Follow the onscreen instruction and later restart the PC to check

Also, you may try running the keyboard diagnostics tool from Dell website for the model you are using:
    Custom Component Test (go to Custom Component Test and choose
    "Select individual components" and choose Keyboard to run the diagnostics)

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 4, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Already assigned and active drive letters being reassigned

I see what you mean now.. can only suggest you assign individual letters to individual drives. I suspect it would be optimistic to expect different or better behaviour, unfortunately.

dalchina, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Shift not woking with individual letters - Similar Threads - Shift woking individual

2. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  3. How to disable Symbol input on Shift + a letter + Space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Symbol input on Shift + a letter + Space?: Noticed that the shortcut shows symbols choice for letters that may have Symbols as input. For example, while pressing Shift + W + Space as in jump in every other game, the on screen pop-up shows choice between W, Ŵ and ₩:This can be disruptive, especially during gaming.I...
  4. How to disable Symbol input on Shift + a letter + Space?

How to disable Symbol input on Shift + a letter + Space?: Noticed that the shortcut shows symbols choice for letters that may have Symbols as input. For example, while pressing Shift + W + Space as in jump in every other game, the on screen pop-up shows choice between W, Ŵ and ₩:This can be disruptive, especially during gaming.I...
  5. I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it: I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it but I need to press caps lock to be able to do so "U", Also the Shift + U is being registered and it's not writted , Additional thing it's not only about the letter u if I switch the language to any other language I...
  6. I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it

I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it: I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it but I need to press caps lock to be able to do so "U", Also the Shift + U is being registered and it's not writted , Additional thing it's not only about the letter u if I switch the language to any other language I...
  7. A shift key press can't type some letter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A shift key press can't type some letter.: when i press left shift key some letter it doesn't work example : w, r, u, i, [, ], z, b, n, enter it hard when i play game that have to press w + shift to run or somethingBUT! when i press both of shift key i can type W, R, U, I, {, }and when i press right shift key it can...
  8. Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift+a does not capitalize the a letter: I have been using my laptop for more than a year now with no issues, but now I am having this issue of the Shift+a not working. I have two keyboards that I have tried this on and have had the same result. I have also taken the steps to the shift key not working issue but have...
  9. Permanent Drive Letter Per Individual Drive

Permanent Drive Letter Per Individual Drive: I have a 'number' of USB/flash/stick/thumb drives, and a 'number' of External Hard Drives (EHD) connected via USB ports which I use with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop. Is it possible to lock (not changeable) a particular drive letter with each specific drive? For example, I have...
  10. Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters: Hello. I am new here. I had just bought a dell all-in-one computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. The computer is functioning properly. I also had a wireless Logitech wave keyboard and use it instead of the default keyboard that comes with the dell computer. However, I...