Windows 10: shift+number keys not showing a character

Discus and support shift+number keys not showing a character in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I try to press shift+number I dont get a character. I dont get another character, I just dont get anything. I have a laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phroooogz, Jun 8, 2021.

1. phroooogz Win User

shift+number keys not showing a character

Every time I try to press shift+number I dont get a character. I dont get another character, I just dont get anything. I have a laptop.

:)

phroooogz, Jun 8, 2021
  2. waytoo Win User

Nokia Asha 302 keyboard jumbled for Shift Key characters

The final step in setting my my new phone as the write fake texts. That's when I found out that using the Shift Key for characters other than the centre keys (numbers and *# came out ok) resulted in a mess. The right hand keys produce french vowels (with
    accents) when I press them (e.g. looking for a + = - ') and the left hand keys show the wrong character or there's a character where there shouldn't be.

Even though the phone was new, I reset it again - it didn't help.

It's like the wrong keys are assigned to the Shift Key characters (other than the centre).

Any way to correct this at my end? Is this a common problem and can I expect it if I exchange the phone for another one?

Thank you.

waytoo, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 | HP elitebook

My shift keys are not behaving as expected. Please find following concerns.

• When press right shift key then prints q character.
    • When press left shift key then prints z character
    • When i need to print A it prints as qA
    I didn't change any settings or configurations.

Can anyone suggest to solve this issue. I'm helpless right now.

Isuru Udesh Hettiarachchi, Jun 8, 2021
  4. shift+number keys not showing a character

Keyboard character key mapping

In summary, what I need to do is to map:

• key e0-34 to the "$" character (Shift-4)
    • and key e0-33 to the "€" character (Alt-0128)
    Voila.

Please help.

Thanks.

YvesTrottier, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

shift+number keys not showing a character

1. shift+number keys not showing a character - Similar Threads - shift+number keys showing

2. Number character keys do not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number character keys do not work: Whenever I try to type something such as the "at" symbol using the control key and number two key combination it just takes me to the second tab. This happens with all the numbers and control key, how do I fix this?...
  3. Number character keys do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number character keys do not work: Whenever I try to type something such as the "at" symbol using the control key and number two key combination it just takes me to the second tab. This happens with all the numbers and control key, how do I fix this?...
  4. subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers: I noticed there are some subfolders under different programs folders and sometimes on program data.I am wondering what is the purpose of those subfolders and if I can delete them please?...
  5. subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers: I noticed there are some subfolders under different programs folders and sometimes on program data.I am wondering what is the purpose of those subfolders and if I can delete them please?...
  6. subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character.: I switched from a US to UK keyboard. One of the main difference between the is that the key with scan code 28 VK_OEM_3 changes it's shift character from double-quote U+0022 to at-sign U+0040. However, then I switched keyboard layouts, the key didn't work when connected via...
  8. Shift + numberic keys not giving expected results sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift + numberic keys not giving expected results sometimes: When I press Shift + 2, Shift + 5, shift + - and shift + = instead of getting @, % , _ and + I am getting some strange symbols. This happens in text boxes etc but when I try same on browser search bar or notepad I am getting the expected output. Please...
  9. Suddenly no numbers - only characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly no numbers - only characters: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Brazilian Portuguese version) Today morning it was working fine. After a shutdown there is no numbers, only characters. Does someone has any idea what is going on? 148525
  10. Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard: Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard. Pound sign lost, Shift and @ or " produces the opposite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/shift-key-produces-wrong-character-and-same-with/ce9f287f-02d4-4ab4-8d9a-fba26fde0721