Windows 10: Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?

Discus and support Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I’m having a hard time with my keyboard I bought yesterday. It is a mechanical keyboard and does have anti ghosting. Yet for some reason it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yeetman2107, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?

Hi there, I’m having a hard time with my keyboard I bought yesterday. It is a mechanical keyboard and does have anti ghosting. Yet for some reason it still won’t allow me to press shift, w and 1 at the same time.This is really annoying because I play game that need this function. And I spent a lot of money on this keyboard. Plssssssss tell me what to do. I’ve seen someone else’s question on this sight and they were having the same problem but the solution that was given did not work. Pls answer I’m desperate.

:)

Yeetman2107, Jun 26, 2022
  2. JKeato Win User

MS wedge Keyboard - capital W using shift-w doesn't work?

Microsoft wedge keyboard

a new problem just happened:

when typing to get a capital "W" the shift-w combination doesn't work and sends the cursor up the text or paragraph. It is only the left Shift key. The right Shift key still performs the capitalisation. But it's the left key that I use.

The shift key still works for all other capitals - just the w doesn't work. The w still works fine on it's own.

Toshiba satellite; windows 10 Home;

any ideas appreciated.

JKeato, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Shift + keys not working.

Hello,

I am having issues with my laptops keys. When I press shift 2, I get no @ symbol. Nothing at all, it's not giving me another symbol, just nothing. The 2 key works fine, if I hit shift 2 a bunch of times back and forth, sometimes it will give me an @
    symbol. Also like shift M will make a capital M, but shift W will not make a capital w. ( the right shift will not capitalize the W but the left one will. )but it will capitalize others. Neither of the shift keys will work to make like the @ symbol. But
    the 2 key works fine. I am sure this sounds confusing and trust me it is.. any ideas? It is set to us keyboard

Mattattoo6, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Sajeev P Win User

Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?

Shift + A Key is not working

My keyboard works fine except when hitting Shift + a.

I can hit the Caps Lock key to get a capital “A” and lower case “a” works just fine too, but
    Shift+ a not giving me anything. All of my other keys work and shift plus any of those keys work, just not Shift +A.

Anyone ever see anything like this and how to resolve the same?

Sajeev P, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?

1. Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!? - Similar Threads - Shift plus plus

2. Shift key and other keys not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key and other keys not working.: Hello,I have been having an issue with my laptop An HP Envy x360 convertible where the shift key, the E key, and a couple other keys haven't been working. The shift key inserts the letter C when I press it. The E key if i have a video playing pauses the video, the other...
  3. Shift+w not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift+w not working: Hi there, My shift+w key is not working. I have tried different keyboards in both wired and bluetooth connection but the issues persists. I am able to temporarily fix it by uninstalling the keyboard driver via device manager, and restarting the machine, however, it only takes...
  4. Shift+w not working

Shift+w not working: Hi there, My shift+w key is not working. I have tried different keyboards in both wired and bluetooth connection but the issues persists. I am able to temporarily fix it by uninstalling the keyboard driver via device manager, and restarting the machine, however, it only takes...
  5. Shift+w not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift+w not working: So I rescued a kitten a couple weeks ago and last night he ran across my keyboard for the 1000th time but now my Shift+ w doesn't work. All other keys are working fine. I googled the issue and couldn't find my exact problem. Running windows 11 any ideas? Thanks....
  6. Shift+w not working

Shift+w not working: So I rescued a kitten a couple weeks ago and last night he ran across my keyboard for the 1000th time but now my Shift+ w doesn't work. All other keys are working fine. I googled the issue and couldn't find my exact problem. Running windows 11 any ideas? Thanks....
  7. Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?: Hi there, I’m having a hard time with my keyboard I bought yesterday. It is a mechanical keyboard and does have anti ghosting. Yet for some reason it still won’t allow me to press shift, w and 1 at the same time.This is really annoying because I play game that need this...
  8. Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?

Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?: Hi there, I’m having a hard time with my keyboard I bought yesterday. It is a mechanical keyboard and does have anti ghosting. Yet for some reason it still won’t allow me to press shift, w and 1 at the same time.This is really annoying because I play game that need this...
  9. pressing Shift + W + 1 does not detect the 1 key-press

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pressing Shift + W + 1 does not detect the 1 key-press: When I press Shift + W, I can press any other key such as 2, 3, etc. but 1 is not detected.Pressing any other alphabet key such as Q, E, etc. + 1 is detected as well.But only when pressing Shift + W + 1, the 1 is not registered.This is very annoying as when I am playing a...
  10. Shift key Plus Restart For Safe Mode Don't Work+ Fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift key Plus Restart For Safe Mode Don't Work+ Fix?: Hi I have a desktop and upgraded from win 7 to win 10 but the holding down of the Shift key when Restarting will only take me to a regular start up. How can i get to safe mode using the shift key, it works on my laptop. I know there are other ways to accomplish this but i...