Windows 10: SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell

Discus and support SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody 2 Days I go I decided to upgrade my OS to the latest version build 1903 from build 1803. I noticed that while I press SHIFT key + right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JaJe, Jun 10, 2019.

1. JaJe Win User

SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell

Hello everybody
    2 Days I go I decided to upgrade my OS to the latest version build 1903 from build 1803.
    I noticed that while I press SHIFT key + right click it won't show anymore on contextual menu the voice open CMD here or Powershell here. I am not sure if this is removed by default to the new version 1903. I'd like to bring back this feature, expecially CMD which I use it often.
    Any ideas?

Thank you

:)

2. CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Jun 10, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Ok, can someone tell me the point of PowerShell replacing old CMD in right click Start menu? I wouldn't mind it if god damn syntaxes weren't totally different than in CMD.

Tried to flash my GTX 980 the other day, open the thing as admin, like before and blue window shows up. So I said, ok, they changed the color. Tried to execute the utility and it refused. Then I looked well and I see it's not CMD but PoweShell. And now I have no clue how to use the damn thing. Luckily I could dig up old CMD from Search, but it's dumb, because CMD is now digged somewhere and PowerShell is where CMD used to be.

How do you frigging use this damn thing?

RejZoR, Jun 10, 2019
  4. SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell

CMD and PowerShell

Hi all,

I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)".

Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message:

Same with the other option "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

How to make Windows PowerShell (which seems to be a replacement of Command Prompt) functional?

dschaareman, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell

1. SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell - Similar Threads - SHIFT Right click

2. Powershell right click paste does not work (win 10 18.09 17763.348)

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell right click paste does not work (win 10 18.09 17763.348): I can't paste in powershell with right click anymore lately, is it only me or a new bug? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks. 128139
  3. Right Click on Mouse doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Click on Mouse doesn't work anymore: Hi I bought a new MICROSOFT wireless mouse and keyboard, and I can't get the mouse's right click to work. Oddly, it seems to think there are two mouse devices connected: I get this error if I look at the mouse, the keyboard works fine. Log Name:...
  4. Settings using powershell/cmd?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings using powershell/cmd?: Is there a way to manage settings using command line/powershell? Thanks. 124376
  5. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...
  6. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  7. Right click in Refresh does not show "New" Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click in Refresh does not show "New" Options: Right click in folder does not show "New" Optinos When I go there (Right Click> #New Options), my computer hangs up and the file explorer restart automatically. Please help me Heres screenshot link: 1. https://image.ibb.co/cQjfGR/images.jpg 2....
  8. right click on taskbar shows no options

in Windows 10 Support
    right click on taskbar shows no options: i usually open task manager from the task bar by right clicking on it , now i have no options 96029
  9. Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document: I upgraded two computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I just noticed today that a right click in a folder does not have anything other than New Folder under New. Windows 7 had several choices (Folder,Shortcut,Rich Text Document, Text Document, Wave Sound and more). My...
  10. cmd vs powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd vs powershell: Greetings. As a normal PC-geek I don't know how, when and why I should use Powershell instead of cmd. Or in another way, why has Microsoft changed cmd to Powershell in the right-click menu? What are the benefits? Or has Microsoft just done this to make fun of us, that...