Windows 10: SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell

Discus and support SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody 2 Days I go I decided to upgrade my OS to the latest version build 1903 from build 1803. I noticed that while I press SHIFT key + right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JaJe, Jun 10, 2019.

1. JaJe Win User

SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell

Hello everybody
    2 Days I go I decided to upgrade my OS to the latest version build 1903 from build 1803.
    I noticed that while I press SHIFT key + right click it won't show anymore on contextual menu the voice open CMD here or Powershell here. I am not sure if this is removed by default to the new version 1903. I'd like to bring back this feature, expecially CMD which I use it often.
    Any ideas?

Thank you

:)

2. CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Jun 10, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Ok, can someone tell me the point of PowerShell replacing old CMD in right click Start menu? I wouldn't mind it if god damn syntaxes weren't totally different than in CMD.

Tried to flash my GTX 980 the other day, open the thing as admin, like before and blue window shows up. So I said, ok, they changed the color. Tried to execute the utility and it refused. Then I looked well and I see it's not CMD but PoweShell. And now I have no clue how to use the damn thing. Luckily I could dig up old CMD from Search, but it's dumb, because CMD is now digged somewhere and PowerShell is where CMD used to be.

How do you frigging use this damn thing?

RejZoR, Jun 10, 2019
  4. SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell

CMD and PowerShell

Hi all,

I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)".

Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message:

Same with the other option "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

How to make Windows PowerShell (which seems to be a replacement of Command Prompt) functional?

dschaareman, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell

1. SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell - Similar Threads - SHIFT Right click

2. Right click does not open files anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click does not open files anymore.: Hello,When right clicking on a file in the taskbar, menu appears with the last opened files. From there you can open a file directly. This is not working anymore....
  3. Right click does not open files anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click does not open files anymore.: Hello,When right clicking on a file in the taskbar, menu appears with the last opened files. From there you can open a file directly. This is not working anymore....
  4. Send to does not show all options when starting from SHIFT + right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send to does not show all options when starting from SHIFT + right click: In the latest version of Windows 11, they have added the feature that if you SHIFT + Right click on a file you automatically go the old style menu. I've however noticed that the "Send to" menu is not complete if you open this menu through the SHIFT + Right click option.The...
  5. Send to does not show all options when starting from SHIFT + right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Send to does not show all options when starting from SHIFT + right click: In the latest version of Windows 11, they have added the feature that if you SHIFT + Right click on a file you automatically go the old style menu. I've however noticed that the "Send to" menu is not complete if you open this menu through the SHIFT + Right click option.The...
  6. cmd closes with right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd closes with right click: When I press right click on the mouse the cmd window closes. This is on Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Any ideea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-closes-with-right-click/a928ea83-1b56-4211-b9ed-44b26efbc611
  7. Control and Shift equals Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control and Shift equals Right Click: Hello, A little while ago I started noticing that when I would press Control and Shift simultaneously, it would act like I'm holding down the right mouse button, it fixes when I actually right click though. I'm wondering if it's something to do with Windows or what....
  8. Shift Right click without focusing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shift Right click without focusing: I occasionally have a game open off screen. Usually I resolve this by Shift right clicking the window in the task bar to open the context menu with the move option. The problem is shift right clicking in Windows 10 also gives focus to the window. In Windows 7 it doesn't...
  9. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  10. Right click in Refresh does not show "New" Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click in Refresh does not show "New" Options: Right click in folder does not show "New" Optinos When I go there (Right Click> #New Options), my computer hangs up and the file explorer restart automatically. Please help me Heres screenshot link: 1. https://image.ibb.co/cQjfGR/images.jpg 2....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why dont shif right click show cmd

2. Windows Shift [Left][Right] doesn´t work anymore

3. shift right click for cmd not working

4. shift right click cmd,
  5. shift right click not showing open in cmd,
  6. power sgell not showing on right click