Windows 10: Shift Right click without focusing

Discus and support Shift Right click without focusing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I occasionally have a game open off screen. Usually I resolve this by Shift right clicking the window in the task bar to open the context menu with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AaronElsewhere, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Shift Right click without focusing

I occasionally have a game open off screen. Usually I resolve this by Shift right clicking the window in the task bar to open the context menu with the move option.

The problem is shift right clicking in Windows 10 also gives focus to the window. In Windows 7 it doesn't focus the window but just opens the menu. This means if it's a game the game gets focus, even if offscreen, and the menu is lost.

Is there a way to open the shift+right click menu without giving focuse to the window?

submitted by /u/AaronElsewhere
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AaronElsewhere, Dec 14, 2019

2. Focused

• Open your email for your Live account
    • click on the ellipsis (...) in the lower right
    • click on settings
    • scroll down to Reading and click on it
    • Scroll down to Focused inbox
    • Turn off

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Switch keyboard layout with right Shift and left Shift

I see only LAlt-Shift, Grave Accent and Ctrl-Shift. The list of options is very limited.

I reckon I will have to use Ctrl-Shift and use right-hand side keys...

Xentrax [Vyacheslav Lanovets], Dec 14, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Shift Right click without focusing

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Shift Right click without focusing

1. Shift Right click without focusing - Similar Threads - Shift Right click

2. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-52UP running i5-1135G7 and Windows 10 22H2.For a view weeks, my laptop won't change focus to another window or to the taskbar-and-desktop if I left click or hover my cursor over the window, taskbar, or desktop.I have tried multiple...
  3. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-52UP running i5-1135G7 and Windows 10 22H2.For a view weeks, my laptop won't change focus to another window or to the taskbar-and-desktop if I left click or hover my cursor over the window, taskbar, or desktop.I have tried multiple...
  4. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar Shift+Right-Click Context Menu???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Shift+Right-Click Context Menu???: Why does Microsoft keep removing useful features???Each time it pushes me closer to moving to Linux.Windows 7 had a Taskbar Right-Click Context Menu that would let me Restore or Minimize a group of similar application windows. Firefox for example.Then, Windows 10 moved that...
  6. Windows 11 Explorer crashes with shift + right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer crashes with shift + right click: Anyone else notice this one? If I need to run an app as a different person, hold the shift key down and right click in the taskbar on the app, as long as you don't move the mouse until the menu appears, you're fine. If you're foolish enough to move the mouse before the menu...
  7. Windows 11 Explorer crashes with shift + right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer crashes with shift + right click: Anyone else notice this one? If I need to run an app as a different person, hold the shift key down and right click in the taskbar on the app, as long as you don't move the mouse until the menu appears, you're fine. If you're foolish enough to move the mouse before the menu...
  8. Shift+Right Click > Run As Different User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift+Right Click > Run As Different User in Windows 10: I am wondering why Windows 10 machines take so long to run as different user. All the Windows 7 machines in our environment are able to run programs and installation files as different user in a matter of seconds, but EVERY single Windows 10 machine takes a full 1-2 minutes....
  9. Control and Shift equals Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control and Shift equals Right Click: Hello, A little while ago I started noticing that when I would press Control and Shift simultaneously, it would act like I'm holding down the right mouse button, it fixes when I actually right click though. I'm wondering if it's something to do with Windows or what....
  10. SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    SHIFT + Right click, does not show anymore CMD and/or Powershell: Hello everybody 2 Days I go I decided to upgrade my OS to the latest version build 1903 from build 1803. I noticed that while I press SHIFT key + right click it won't show anymore on contextual menu the voice open CMD here or Powershell here. I am not sure if this is removed...