Windows 10: shift + tilde issues

Discus and support shift + tilde issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently when trying to type tilde Shift + Tilde in any program, even command prompt, it causes the window to become super small and force it into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AllHallowsEve . . ., Jun 21, 2024.

1. shift + tilde issues

Recently when trying to type tilde Shift + Tilde in any program, even command prompt, it causes the window to become super small and force it into the upper left corner of my screen, this behavior also occurred with notepad, internet browsers, etc. I dont know why windows has taken this as a hotkey and I neither anywhere on google knows about this or where to even access hotkeys for window/program sizes and resizing. Any help is appreciated and I will monitor my post with great anticipation because this is kind of annoying.

:)

AllHallowsEve . . ., Jun 21, 2024

2. tilde key doesnt work.

When my pc boots the tilde key only works for a few seconds then it doesnt.
    SHIFT + TILDE (Holding) : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TILDE (Holding) :

TILDE (Single tap):

Mateja Antic, Jun 21, 2024
  3. Spanish keyboard - no tilde

Thank you, but I do want auto correct and suggestions in Spanish. What I'd like is that these features didn't include tildes or something that removed all the tildes before sending the SMS. If you include a single tilde in the message, the max length drops
    from 160 to 70!

gabrielmaldi, Jun 21, 2024
  4. shift + tilde issues

Spanish keyboard - no tilde

Hi,

Is there a way to use a Spanish keyboard (Spain or Mexico) but avoid getting suggestions and autocorrect with tildes (á, é, í, ó, ú)?

The problem with this is that a tilde needs another charset and thus the max length for a SMS is greatly reduced. If I use an English keyboard, I obviously wo't get suggestions and autocorrect in Spanish. I don't mind sacrificing a bit of spelling (losing
    tildes) if I can get more text in a SMS.

Thanks,

Gabriel

gabrielmaldi, Jun 21, 2024
Thema:

shift + tilde issues

1. shift + tilde issues - Similar Threads - shift tilde issues

2. shift + tilde issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shift + tilde issues: Recently when trying to type tilde Shift + Tilde in any program, even command prompt, it causes the window to become super small and force it into the upper left corner of my screen, this behavior also occurred with notepad, internet browsers, etc. I dont know why windows has...
  3. Shift Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  4. Shift Key Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  5. tilde key doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tilde key doesnt work.: When my pc boots the tilde key only works for a few seconds then it doesnt.SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~TILDE Holding :TILDE Single tap: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tilde-key-doesnt-work/07826c3a-2f77-465f-b2ad-f5b6aee1d99a
  6. Tilde Key Not Working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tilde Key Not Working?: So recently I tried to use my tilde key to input my name on steam, but it didnt do anything. Even hitting shift doesnt work. I have looked around and everyone says use your keyboard settings but I have, and I am on US Keyboard settings. Any Help would be appreciated....
  7. Sound shifting issues

Sound shifting issues: When I plug headphone sound automatically does not shift to headphone. When I unplug sound does not automatically shift back to the laptop. I have to manually go to setting and change sound settings. Called Lenovo they did driver and windows update. It did not help. Chatted...
  8. Tilde key doesn't work (software issue probably)

in Windows 10 Support
    Tilde key doesn't work (software issue probably): Hello, i have a strange problem!!! I already reinstalled Windows for this, as i couldn't figure it out. Key "tilde" ` doesn't work. I can't write ` it does nothing. Only if i hold the key: it starts writing ````````` But one keypress does nothing! It is probably not a...
  9. Tilde/BackTick Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tilde/BackTick Key: Hey, so recently something happened with my keyboard layout, basically I used to be able to just press down the tilde key/Backtick key and I would automatically get the tilde symbol ~ . now ever since I restarted my Pc literally less than 24hrs from writing this, I...
  10. shift key issues

shift key issues: on my asus laptop, when I press the left shift key I get a hyphen and when I press the right shift key I get a small letter c I have to keep holding the shift key down to use it to make capital letters, then arrow back and remove the hyphen or c...