Windows 10: shift to capitalise

Discus and support shift to capitalise in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; first of all im sorry for the lack of capital letters and proper punctuation. I own dell inspiration 13,500 series with windows 10 and my laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Willow Kidd, Mar 4, 2021.

1. shift to capitalise

first of all im sorry for the lack of capital letters and proper punctuation.

I own dell inspiration 13,500 series with windows 10 and my laptop is only 2 years old, no damage or dropping incidents, just for study and research, no gaming either.

recently my parents swapped my full keyboard, the base of the laptop and all, with my younger sibling's keyboard as i was missing one of the keys 'c.' i don't know why they didn't just replace the keys as i take care of my laptop very well and could have done it myself.

they swapped it and ever since my shift keys have not been working properly, on and off on the ability to hold shift to capitalise a letter or use a symbol on the number keys. I'm not knowledgable on sticky key settings or key-binds, but I'm sure that they wouldn't transfer from physical pieces of a laptop to another, it would have to be done with my own settings which haven't changed.

i would just like to know what setting or restart options i should do o be able to return the setting to normal, its very hard to write papers without it and i hate using the capitalise button like the rest of my family, it takes extra clicks and its not really time efficient

thankyou if you have any idea on how to help me out

:)

Willow Kidd, Mar 4, 2021

2. Shift keys seem to be malfunctioning - I cannot capitalise certain letters or type any punctuation that requires the shift key.

Hello, it seems my keyboard isn't working properly. When I press the left shift key, I can only capitalise certain letters and others I cannot. This is the same for the right shift key, but the letters I can and cannot capitalise are different. Also,
    neither of the shift keys can type punctuation such as exclamation marks, question marks and brackets.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HarryKelham, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Shift key does not capitalise certain letters

My shift key does not capitalise a lot of the letters on my keyboard. These are the letters zxcvmty if this is of any relevance. I believed it could be a sticky key problem but in ease of access they have been disabled along with toggle keys and filter keys.

Any advice on how to rectify this issue would be much appreciated. The issue is on a Lenovo Ideapad 720s.

conorflynn2, Mar 4, 2021
  4. shift to capitalise

Shift keys seem to be malfunctioning - I cannot capitalise certain letters or type any punctuation that requires the shift key.

I'm on a laptop, so it's not really possible to try multiple keyboards. And as for the On Screen Keyboard, that works perfectly fine by clicking shift then selecting a letter to capitalise.

HarryKelham, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

shift to capitalise

1. shift to capitalise - Similar Threads - shift capitalise

2. Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?: Het is een HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanneer-ik-mijn-shift-lock-aan-doe-komt-er-een/46611784-cc43-4024-9936-2344180437d6
  3. Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?: Het is een HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanneer-ik-mijn-shift-lock-aan-doe-komt-er-een/46611784-cc43-4024-9936-2344180437d6
  4. Shift Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  5. Shift Key Issue

Shift Key Issue: Hello, I am facing a problem with my keyboard particularly in Ms Word. My keyboard is producing the wrong symbols whenever I use the shift key. For example when I use Shift + 8 it’s producing * And when I use Shift + 7 it’s producing &. How do I fix this...
  6. Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...: I am currently using windows 11 and my laptop is acer nitro 5, is there any fix that can fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-appear-clor-shifted-rainbow-bloom-type/f1e823e6-a285-42f9-880f-2736ff34b31b
  7. Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...

Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...: I am currently using windows 11 and my laptop is acer nitro 5, is there any fix that can fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-appear-clor-shifted-rainbow-bloom-type/f1e823e6-a285-42f9-880f-2736ff34b31b
  8. my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...: laptop is only two years old but the shift key now comes on without me pressing it and i cannot get rid of it without restarting my laptop is there a quick fix as i am pretty sure its not the fault of sticky keys...
  9. my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...

my shift key is permanently on i have restarted the laptop and it fixes itself for a bit...: laptop is only two years old but the shift key now comes on without me pressing it and i cannot get rid of it without restarting my laptop is there a quick fix as i am pretty sure its not the fault of sticky keys...
  10. I’ve to leave shift key first to capitalise letter in Hp envy x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I’ve to leave shift key first to capitalise letter in Hp envy x360: When I press Shift and a letter like A, the letter doesn't appear. It only appears when I leave shift first. Otherwise nothing appears. This is only happening with some keys : QADFJKL:"XCVM<>? I thought this was because the Chinese keyboard was installed, so I removed all...