Windows 10: Shift turns on and off weirdly+ more

Discus and support Shift turns on and off weirdly+ more in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently out of no where my laptop decided to just break with its shift key. Every key that isn’t a letter acts like shift is on for example forward... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quickeagle12, May 7, 2020.

1. Shift turns on and off weirdly+ more

Recently out of no where my laptop decided to just break with its shift key. Every key that isn’t a letter acts like shift is on for example forward slash now always does question mark and when I use shift then press it, it does nothing. My numbers at the top do their shift version 1 does ! 2 does @ 3 does # and so on, no matter what I do. My keypad also does nothing. My letters also randomly will go Capital lIkE thIS, and in chrome and every other web browser it opens new windows when I open links hitting enter just forces a fresh window open and no shortcut works. I’m posting this on my phone because I can’t even sign in properly anywhere on my laptop. I think this was caused when I used the cmd to force my computer to hibernate.

TLDR: My shift key acts like it’s on always except for letters and even then it does ThIS StUfF

Edit:On screen keyboard acts the same but it did start off with caps and right shift on weirdly

submitted by /u/Quickeagle12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quickeagle12, May 7, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, May 7, 2020
  3. dpb5 Win User
    Screen color shifts to red after login, even with night shift off

Basically, problem is:

1. Screen display is neutral pre-login
    2. Login and after 15-30 seconds, screen shifts to red, like night light is on
    3. night light is off in the settings, turning it on can make it even more red
    4. turning night light off again removes the extra color temp but not getting rid of it all the way

I've followed a number of posts on this issue, updating windows, turning off night shift, turning back on, checking that no monitor color profiles are turned on, etc. What I have found after experimentation though is that creating a new user on the computer
    and loging in as that user does not show the red shift problem, which points to something in my profile.

What I can't figure out is what is that something?

Does anyone have suggestions on fixing a broken profile or resetting the setting that controls this?

Thanks!

Reference Post, which was a different problem, but where the 'new user' suggestion was given:

Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't)

dpb5, May 7, 2020
  4. Shift turns on and off weirdly+ more

Whole screen freezes for about 0.5s when closing Chrome. And windows shift weirdly when using Peek at Desktop

I have Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.81 installed on my Lenovo laptop. The whole screen seems to freeze for about 0.5s when closing Chrome. This also happens to Paint and I think possibly some other apps as well.

BTW, when using Peek at Desktop at the right corner of the Taskbar, the windows shift weirdly and I have no idea why this happens.

Both the above problems did not appear in the previous 1709 build. I tried doing a clean install of Windows but it did not help. Do you have any suggestions for this problem?

johnwzr0113, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Shift turns on and off weirdly+ more

1. Shift turns on and off weirdly+ more - Similar Threads - Shift turns off

2. How to turn off ctrl alt shift popups with wacom tablet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn off ctrl alt shift popups with wacom tablet.: When I am using my Wacom tablet, whenever I push Ctrl, Alt or Shift on the keyboard, a tiny distracting popup box shows on the screen “Alt” “Alt+Shift” etc. In Wacom Tablet Properties>Mapping, when I disable “Use Windows Ink”, the popups disappear but the pen sensitivity...
  3. Computer freezes, then turns off display, and comes back weirdly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes, then turns off display, and comes back weirdly: This happened 4 times already, sometimes, when I'm editing in premiere pro the compute will completely freeze even cursor and caps lock after about 10 seconds, it disable the video output completely, and comes back after about 5 seconds, but when it comes back, it doesnt...
  4. How to turn ON or Off Secondary Shift Characters Lock in Windows10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn ON or Off Secondary Shift Characters Lock in Windows10: [ATTACH]Useful keyboard features in Windows makes navigation easier and tasks or functions quicker. You […] This article How to turn ON or Off Secondary Shift Characters Lock in Windows10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Weird turned off screen issue lately with an old laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird turned off screen issue lately with an old laptop: My laptop is 6 years old. Lately it started to have an issue: I've been connecting this laptop to a second monitor for years via HDMI. Now when I unplug the HDMI and I want to take to another place, the screen stays off, but the PC is still on (so it seems). I have to shut...
  6. Night Shift keeps turning on and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Shift keeps turning on and I can't turn it off: I've turned off scheduled night shift but it keeps turning on as if it's set to turn on from sunset to sunrise. When I try to turn it off it says that it's already off and ignores the intensity settings. The only way for it to turn off is wait it out or change the time in...
  7. Weird Message During Startup, is there a way to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Message During Startup, is there a way to turn it off?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Coocoocow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e80i1c/weird_message_during_startup_is_there_a_way_to/
  8. Shift button acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift button acting weird: If i press any button on the bottom row of the keyboard except the b and n buttons the shift key is on until i restart my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-button-acting-weird/657ed3b4-8e2e-4994-9903-963c0f60f662
  9. Press Shift Key to turn off Caps Lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Press Shift Key to turn off Caps Lock: In Windows 7 there was a Keyboard tab that let you use the Shift key to turn off Caps Lock, it seems to be missing in Windows 10. Anyone know how to set this? 69309
  10. Shift + Space does weird things

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift + Space does weird things: Whenever I press Shift + Spacebar my computer acts like I pressed other keys, like f6 and others. This messes up a lot of things from typing to playing games. Is there a way to check if I accidentally made a shortcut or something? 33803