Windows 10: "shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions did not...

Discus and support "shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions did not... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After installation of Windows 10 Pro v2004 Build v19041.450, 64-bit, "shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RetiredEngineer, Aug 29, 2020.

1. "shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions did not...

After installation of Windows 10 Pro v2004 Build v19041.450, 64-bit, "shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions did not work.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is here and how to fix it?

:)

RetiredEngineer, Aug 29, 2020

2. Snap suddenly not working with win-key + arrow key

So snap has suddenly stopped working with win-key + arrow key, it still works when dragging the window to the edge/top of the screen using the mouse. The keys still work individually (arrow keys still scroll in web pages and win key still opens start menu)
    but no in combo. I've checked in the settings and control panel and snap is enabled (also when I snap by dragging with the mouse the snap suggestions do not pop up like they used to even though the setting is again enabled.

It just stopped working about ten minutes ago and it's already infuriating since I'm at uni and often need multiple windows open.

Thanks for your help.

Matthew Wigmore, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Ben.Drake Win User
    Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

Hello, I've recently lost the ability to select text or cells by holding shift key and using arrow keys to highlight/select.

I've checked scroll lock, sticky keys and restarted a number of times. My shift and arrow keys work fine independently. Control + Arrow keys are working

fine.

Searched for a similar fix and have not come across anything that has worked... any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is a functionality I use every 5 seconds it seems (now that I am noticing its absence)!

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Ben.Drake, Aug 29, 2020
  4. N-Crum Win User

"shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions did not...

WIN+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW not working

The problem is moving an app between monitors not desktops. WIN+SHIFT+Left/right arrow key should move apps between monitors but only the left arrow work on my laptop

N-Crum, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

"shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions did not...

1. "shift+win+up arrow" vertical expand function and "win+arrow keys" snap functions did not... - Similar Threads - shift+win+up arrow vertical

2. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.: Randomly my Num Lock, Caps Lock, arrow keys, all the Function keys, and basically everything on the right side of my keyboard has stopped being detected on my computer. I thought it was a keyboard problem so I bought a new keyboard but it's still not working. I have tried...
  3. restore Ctrl + arrow function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore Ctrl + arrow function: Hello,My toddler reached up and mashed the keyboard for a few minutes before I stopped him. Now, I can no longer use the Ctrl + arrow keys to jump words left or right in any app. Ctrl + Shift + arrow keys work as expected, however. I found an old thread from 2019 that...
  4. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  5. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  6. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Arrow keys functioning differently after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow keys functioning differently after update: I updated Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop and now my arrow keys are acting differently. Before I could use them to scroll normally, and I would press Fn and the arrow keys in order to change brightness or the volume level. Now when I press the arrow keys up and down or left...
  8. Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore: Hi, From one moment to another my ctrl+arrows hotkeys are not working any more. This holds for: - the office suite: * jumping to edges of tables in excel * jumping words in Word * slowly move images in Powerpoint (also up and down) - explorer or notepad Using...
  9. WIN+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW not working: That is correct, just the right Arrow. I have a three monitor setup with two monitors side by side on a stand and my laptop directly under in the middle. They are arranged as such in display settings. I can use WIN+SHIFT+LEFT to move a window from one monitor to the one on...
  10. Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working: Hello, I've recently lost the ability to select text or cells by holding shift key and using arrow keys to highlight/select. I've checked scroll lock, sticky keys and restarted a number of times. My shift and arrow keys work fine independently. Control + Arrow keys are...