Windows 10: Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character.

Discus and support Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I switched from a US to UK keyboard. One of the main difference between the is that the key with scan code 28 VK_OEM_3 changes it's shift character... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Derek Dongray, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character.

I switched from a US to UK keyboard. One of the main difference between the is that the key with scan code 28 VK_OEM_3 changes it's shift character from double-quote U+0022 to at-sign U+0040. However, then I switched keyboard layouts, the key didn't work when connected via RDP.I've downloaded and installed the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator msklc.exe, v1.4 and designed a custom layout to test the keyboard. The deffinition for scan code 28 is:Thus it should produce respectively a single-quote, an at-sign, another at-sign and the fraction three-fifths for the base key, shifted, alt-gr

:)

Derek Dongray, Sep 15, 2021

2. Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard

Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard. Pound sign lost, Shift and @ or " produces the opposite

Tim Draper, Sep 15, 2021
  3. waytoo Win User
    Nokia Asha 302 keyboard jumbled for Shift Key characters

The final step in setting my my new phone as the write fake texts. That's when I found out that using the Shift Key for characters other than the centre keys (numbers and *# came out ok) resulted in a mess. The right hand keys produce french vowels (with
    accents) when I press them (e.g. looking for a + = - ') and the left hand keys show the wrong character or there's a character where there shouldn't be.

Even though the phone was new, I reset it again - it didn't help.

It's like the wrong keys are assigned to the Shift Key characters (other than the centre).

Any way to correct this at my end? Is this a common problem and can I expect it if I exchange the phone for another one?

Thank you.

waytoo, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character.

Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 | HP elitebook

My shift keys are not behaving as expected. Please find following concerns.

• When press right shift key then prints q character.
    • When press left shift key then prints z character
    • When i need to print A it prints as qA
    I didn't change any settings or configurations.

Can anyone suggest to solve this issue. I'm helpless right now.

Isuru Udesh Hettiarachchi, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character.

1. Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character. - Similar Threads - Shifted key scan

2. My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...: My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6 results in double characters R% and U&. How can I resolve this?...
  3. My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...: My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6 results in double characters R% and U&. How can I resolve this?...
  4. My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. shift+number keys not showing a character

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shift+number keys not showing a character: Every time I try to press shift+number I dont get a character. I dont get another character, I just dont get anything. I have a laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shiftnumber-keys-not-showing-a-character/b579788a-6a19-49c9-869e-8b3522fd94f2
  6. produce key code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    produce key code: where do I find my product key code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/produce-key-code/d3ff8730-ad31-4919-8ca5-51ef0eea8068
  7. Enter Key Producing Slash (\ ) And Shift Is Working like space-bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enter Key Producing Slash (\ ) And Shift Is Working like space-bar: help submitted by /u/Uscay [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iclbu7/enter_key_producing_slash_and_shift_is_working/
  8. shift key does not work

shift key does not work: The keyboard was working fine. I ran a cleaning cloth across the keyboard the this morning and my shift key stopped working. The caps lock key allows me to capitalize letters, but the shift key does not work. Apparently, I did something to disable the shift key. help...
  9. code 28???

code 28???: How to fix code28? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-28/f8d3ae9d-4200-4c2c-b46a-71e37f533f42
  10. Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard: Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard. Pound sign lost, Shift and @ or " produces the opposite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/shift-key-produces-wrong-character-and-same-with/ce9f287f-02d4-4ab4-8d9a-fba26fde0721